Buff dudes with DS style gas....

prettypixels
on 10/14/11 8:50 pm
 So I have noticed myself being particularly aromatic since starting protein supplements twice daily... (champion brand).  I googled for some info on it and found this message board.  You should read the whole page, it is holy crap HILARIOUS. 

A sample: 
"hahah you speak the truth.

eggs = these farts that hover in the air. they just sit. i farted in my car in morning came out after work and it was still there!!!!!!!!!!!

even with windows down and AC on, i couldnt get the fart out! eggs = worst farts of all time."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109980521&pag e=1

So.  Take that, folks who say the DS is responsible for gas.  Some of it is just the protein!  And you never know.  You could be trapped on a bus between a DS patient and a bodybuilder and then... LOOK OUT!  
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

MajorMom
on 10/14/11 9:18 pm - VA
lol  Ok, with the Champion it may be sugar alcohols. Try some Syntrax Nectar instead. Champion doesn't work well for me either.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 12:37 am
Champion tastes ok but gives me horrible gas.  I farted my way through a 5# tub of Champion.  Nevermore!! lol
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 1:41 am

If gas in protein bothers you, make sure you get something with whey protein isolate.  Most of the time, it's the lactose in straight whey that gets the gas going.  Most of the lactose is processed out of whey protein isolate.  I was lactose intolerant before my DS, so rather than buy stock in Lactaid, which will work if you take enough of it post-op, it's really not cost effective.  The label will usually say what kind of whey is used.  I just buy unflavored whey protein isolate powder, and add my own stuff: Splenda, cocoa, vanilla, other flavor extracts, fruit, etc. 

If your're buying flavored whey formulas, if it says lactose free, it's usually whey protein isolate, but read the ingredient list to make sure.
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 2:30 am
I usually only use NOW whey protein isolate but I can tolerate other whey proteins.

Champion is the only one that gave me trouble so I am assuming it is something exclusive to Champion.

Also, I am lactose intolerant to a degree and if I take one Digestive Advantage Lactose Defense in the AM, I can tolerate a certain amount of lactose all day.  Lactaid did not work for me at all.

prettypixels
on 10/15/11 1:55 am
I know guys; that is the same advice the buff dudes give. It is just hilarious to read their thread about the same exact issue!
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 7:07 am - Santa Cruz, CA
For Killer Farts: order the Devrom online. It takes the stink out of your emissions.
Julie R.
on 10/15/11 11:42 am - Ludington, MI
 Champion gives me the worst. gas. ever.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kirmy
on 10/16/11 3:00 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
DS Body builder here.....my farts have wiped out entire species of bacteria and small winged insects. I am the perfect storm of stench if I have my Champion and then my iron supplements as well.  Pffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt......parp parp parrrppppp!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
prettypixels
on 10/16/11 3:17 am

Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!