But Honey, don't you LOOVE me?!?

SweetnessandGrace
on 10/14/11 9:53 am - ID
So, I have an autoimmune disorder.  Meh!  Just one of those things.  Seems like when I go out in public it doesn't matter how often I wash my hands, don't touch my eyes or nose, or eat anything that hasn't been washed, I pick up the creepin' crud.  So, I went out Sunday and sure enough had the Filapino Fall-aparts by Wednesday.  Spent all day Wed. and Thurs. dying and sleeping and spewing from all orifices.  It was ugly.  Today I woke up and realized I wasn't dead, but I felt like death warmed over.  I hadn't had anything to eat since Tuesday.  I asked my Dear, Sweet Husband why he hadn't bothered to wake me up to eat or drink for the last two days.  He said, and I quote, "it seemed like you needed sleep more than food."  After I ripped him a new one I asked him, but Honey...don't you LOOOVE me?  I think he now knows I NEED protein to live.  I must take my supplements to live.  Becoming dehydrated can kill me.  I told him I am going to write two letters and send them to two different people to be opened in case I die of something innocuous, like the flu or a cold.  Everyone will know that he KNEW he needed to keep me nourished and by neglecting to do so he, in effect, KILLED ME! 

Do your loved ones know they need to help you if you are sick?  You might want to reiterate to them how important they are to your staying alive.  Just sayin'

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 9:57 am - AL
My Border Collie is really smart but I haven't been able to give her thumbs.  So she won't be much help if I get sick.  I think I will be on my own.

~Becky

SweetnessandGrace
on 10/14/11 10:27 am - ID
Even without thumbs your Border Collies will NEVER leave you on your own!  They're so smart they'd probably dial 911 with their noses! 

I know I sound flip (what does that mean, anyway?), but I really do worry about not being taken care of when I need it.  A cup of broth, a hot protein shake, something!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 11:52 am
 How about an alarm? That may just be more reliable then a nose dialing dog, lol