turkey brine recipe

stillhopefull
on 10/14/11 6:16 am
Last year someone posted a easy turkey brine recipe with apple juice, etc. and my turkey was wonderful.  Now I can't find the recipe and didn't bookmark.....   plus I haven't seen this person post in a long while.

Any and all recipes or suggestions welcome and yes, I did use the search button...
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/14/11 9:06 am - Sedona, AZ
I dont know either but I will keep my eye out for the recipe.

Someone was just asking about you this past week . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/14/11 9:11 am - Sedona, AZ
could this be what you remember from last year- it just mentions Paula Deen's apple juice used for turkey brine but now you can probably GOOGLE her to get her recipe.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4276900/Brined-Turkey/

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

trxxyy
on 10/14/11 9:11 am - Orange County, CA
Is this it?

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4277909/Easy-Peasy-Yummy-Turke y/

Using Google advanced search is the only way I can find things on these forums. 
stillhopefull
on 10/14/11 9:47 am
 Bingo, you are the winner!!  Thank you from my family and my self.  I did this for the first time last year and don't plan on not brining ever again.  The turkey was soooo delicious.  I knew it had very few ingredients.  I looked a the pioneer woman and her brine sounds good but a lot of ingredients. I am a lazy cook......lol

Again, many thanks,
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/14/11 9:13 am - Sedona, AZ
I have never brined my turkeys but I just might try this one too. YUM

Winnie the Pooh

trxxyy
on 10/14/11 9:24 am - Orange County, CA
Once I started brining my turkeys I have never looked back. Yummy.
Samaro ..
on 10/14/11 11:16 am
From the time I was a kid (and those that know me know that was a looong time ago) we always had a brined turkey.  It wasn't until I was in my late teens or early adulthood that I found out not everybody brines a turkey.  Brine all the way!

trxxyy
on 10/17/11 2:44 am - Orange County, CA
You must come from a family of chefs My mom and I didn't start brining our turkeys until we started taking classes at Home Cef and really got into cooking.  It blows my mind the difference brining a bird makes. 

I also love brined pork chops, especially since it is hard to find good pork chops with enough fat in them to keep them from drying out while cooking.  One of these days I am going to splurge and buy some heritage pork from Bristol Farms. 

Anyhow, it was such a treat running into at Walmart a week ago.  Let me know if you ever want to get together and have lunch sometime.

-shelly
stillhopefull
on 10/17/11 3:09 am
Shelly,
Do you use a different brine for different meats?  This brine sounds good on turkey, chicken, or pork.  Don't know about beef.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry