Lap Band to DS Revision, Dr. Paul Kemmeter Questions

JJPink 1
on 10/16/11 6:27 am
I'm not sure if you've looked at Dr. Hares at St. Johns weightloss? He's on the vetted list and he does lap-band to DS revisions too. I think he only does it open though. That may be a little closer in distance to Ohio as well. Also he does not have a program fee. HTH
5' 7 3/4 I claim 5'8 SW/CW/GW 267/144/160 <---Dr's goal. My goal was 165lbs. Trying to build muscle. So, unsure what weight I'll be at  once I meet my fitness goals.

no_more_rolls
on 10/16/11 6:33 am - Jackson, MI
I originally was going to be a Dr. Hares's patient.  His office does not charge a program fee, but they do not have the same standard of after care program that Dr. Kemmeter's office has.  Dr. Hares also will only do an open DS which requires a 3 to 5 day hospital stay.  Dr. Kemmeter's lap DS is a 1 to 3 day hospital stay (I required 2 days).
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

no_more_rolls
on 10/16/11 6:29 am - Jackson, MI
Dr. Kemmeter does do revisions.  I have a couple friends that are planning revsions in the near future with him...1 is an RNY to DS the other is a Band to DS.  I'm not sure how far of a drive you would have to be with your Ohio based family, but I was fine with a 3.5 hour drive home 2 days post-op (and actually slept most of it).  

I was told his program fee varies depending on how much you have done and need pre-op.  I was initially quoted one fee but charged a reduced fee because I had a lot of pre-op stuff done with another surgeon's office before becoming a patient at Dr. K's office.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

VelvetKiss
on 10/16/11 8:00 am - Broadview Heights, OH
Thank you all for your responses they have been very helpful and informative.  chspan thanks for letting me know about the higher BMI, that is good to know it might be in 2 stages, but I say if it is safest for me then that is what it needs to be.  No More Rolls thank you for all the helpful information.  I would have about a 5 hour or alittle less drive to my family in ohio, so it is good to know you did good with 3.5 hours. 
elixir
on 10/17/11 12:10 am - MI
I paid $1000, but I'm not sure that it was a program fee before I started my two week pre-op diet program. Apparently my insurance company sent the money for the fee to GHP because they sent me a check refunding my $1000, which was a nice surprise. I ended up with around a $1300 co-pay for the surgery itself billed by Saint Mary's hospital for the care I received during my two and a half day stay.

I adore Dr. Kemmeter. He's wonderful.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

VelvetKiss
on 10/17/11 1:23 am - Broadview Heights, OH
Elxir thank you for the information.  It all doesnt sound too high compared to what i would have beenn paying out of pocket in California.  That is great the St. Marys billed you for the copay.