Thanks for being there...

beemerbeeper
on 10/15/11 10:38 am - AL
I just have to tell you that I really appreciate your posting that.  Sometimes those of us who chose to stick around after we are in maintenance to pay it forward (and also to keep getting support for ourselves) sometimes feel unappreciated, taken for granted, and are even beat up on from time to time.

So to see a newbie take the time to actually recognize what we try to do and to thank us for it is very very nice and I very much appreciate it.

Good luck with the next step in your journey. 

~Becky

litebrite
on 10/15/11 10:47 pm - Telford, PA
Clancyrose,

I have so many bookmarks too I had to sit down and organize them--food, vits, protein, etc.   This board makes me laugh a lot.  I know people have complained about the people here being "mean".  I love it here!!  I want the info, no need to sugar coat it.  As I said above, not sure where I would be with my DS without this board.  In big trouble I assume.

No, I can't think of any questions.  A lot of it was reading over the info in the booklet they gave you.  Plus, all surgery types will be there.  The only good thing was getting from free samples of vits, protein shakes, etc to try.

Kathy,

I am doing well.  Soooooo much better the last 2-3 weeks.  I had thrush and it really gave me issues for a few weeks with eating, drinking, and vits.  Still struggling a bit with getting down protein shakes, my tastes changed.  I keep trying new ones, I'll find one that works better.

My insurance covered the NUT appts.  Well, I had to pay $25 per visit and then they made me come in for 4 instead of 3.  Something about they scheduled them wrong over period of time required by insurance. 

I am so glad to hear your labs are good, do you get only the labs that Dr. G orders.  Or do you follow the list from this site.  Do you take the vitamin that they recommended or advice from here? Just wondering what to expect.

Do you go to support group?

Ok, done with my questions, lol.

DS on 8/15/11