What are your favorites from Trader Joe's?

April M.
on 10/14/11 11:25 am - MI
I've only ever explored Trader Joe's twice, but everything I've had (been fed) from there has been amazing. I've decided it's time for me to go take a shopping trip to stock up on my different protein options, as I'm getting sick of the things I've been eating for the last 7 months.

So, what are your favorites? What do you HAVE to recommend, because it's just too good to pass up? What have you found at Trader Joe's that makes our protein-happy diet even more happy? I'm willing to try anything once!
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 11:32 am
 I wish we had one here, but no such luck. If you look a couple post below yours you will see Tabatha has something posted about protein from TJs.

I hope you get some good stuff.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/14/11 11:46 am, edited 10/14/11 11:47 am
Personally I hate Trader Joe's prepared foods and I'm baffled about why people love it so much, the prepared foods are always diappointing for me and nearly vomited once some of it was so disgusting (I wouldn't feed their packaged indian foods to my enemy). I can't stand any of their prepared food with protein in it, frankly- their frozen mexican food is disgusting, their sushi not fit for rats, and their wraps soggy and you can literally taste how cheap the ingredients are.

They're just "ok" for other basics (canned beans, frozen veg and fruit, pasta, sardines and olive), but I can get those things everywhere else so I've stopped shopping there ENTERLY even though I can walk there in 3 minutes. The only thing they sell which I like- and can't get elsewhere as cheap -is their seedless blackberry preserves. Other then that, TJs is the most overrated grocery store I've ever seen in my life.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Mdae
on 10/14/11 1:13 pm
well, none of my favorites are protein. 

i like the eggplant punjab, garlic naan, and those little freeze dried dragon fruit thingies - just like candy!

prettypixels
on 10/14/11 2:15 pm
I really like their fish nuggets (they have breading though, I am not sure of the carb counts... but they are DELICIOUS). Meat! They have good prices on hormone free meats and whenever I go I stock up on meat. Buying similar meats from someplace like Whole Foods is way more expensive. Their beef stew meat is just wonderful.

I have not had much luck with many of their prepared foods either, personally, but between the meat section and the dairy section there are plenty of goodies. Plus they have a huge section of nuts and seeds.
Twi light
on 10/15/11 12:02 am - NY
my FAVORITES from TJs are the cookies, chocolates, and ice cream cakes. 

Thing i buy there that are DS friendly are just cheese, nuts and seaweed snack

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 12:25 am
dustydeer
on 10/15/11 4:50 am
I wouldn't know what their frozen prepared foods taste like  but I'd assume it's like other prepared stuff, crap.

Frozen roasted corn
Frozen white corn
Frozen roasted pepper mix
Frozen Chili Lime burgers
Frozen mango slices for shakes, and other frozen fruits

Flavored chicken sauages, YUM! and cheaper than other stores.

Hubby loves their beer selection and the cookies are awesome however I don't do much more than sample that sort of stuff anymore.

Cheeses, yummm. Oh and figs with goat cheese is to die for.

Nuts (great savings on almonds and walnuts)

Whole wheat baking mix (i use this in my microwave protein cakes)

Whole wheat pizza dough

Butters and Jams, including different nut butters

Stevia by the packet

Coffee is awesome

Asian dressing, love it
(the kind that refrigerated...a few more carbs but great with protein, their frozen edame, fruit,  and nuts in a "salad")

I used to have an addiction to their peppadew peppers, but they discontinued them. So there is the the downfall of this store.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Kathleen F.
on 10/15/11 6:37 am

Edamame hummus. Yum!

Carrot cake muffins... but not exactly low carb!

Julie R.
on 10/15/11 12:42 pm - Ludington, MI
 They have, hands-down, the best price on almond flour (meal) around
They sell Power Crunch bars for a great price
Their big pound plus blocks of chocolate are da bomb. 
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125