Please list your go-to protein foods to help the carbaholics among us (including me)

Mommy2006
on 10/15/11 5:26 am
The only thing I eat a lot, that's not been mentioned, is a type of chicken burger from Sam's. If memory servers me, it has 2 carbs. It's chicken, carmelized onion and swiss cheese in the pattie.
scoob
on 10/15/11 6:31 am - Somerset, KY
Yummy stuff mentioned!! For me it varies!

Eggs, over easy smashed up with salt, pepper and a tad ketchup all mixed up with a slice of WW toast slathered in butter and a couple slices of soft bacon!!!!

Cheeses of all sorts!
Bunless Cheese burger with bacon. Cook up onions and mushrooms in the drippings and dump on to, OMG YUMMMMM!

Egg salad

Shrimp, fry in butter add minced garlic, a tad soy sauce dash or two ginger. Make a thickener out of little cold water and tables spoon of cornstarch. Mix in till thick! Delish!

Deep fried cheese Sticks!

A meaty "pizza" made on a thin WW tortilla shell! Just pile on meats and chesses and bake. I put a tad of sauce on the torilla and the rest is meat and cheese maybe some fresh mushrooms!

David Sunflower kernals salted and roasted!

Dry roasted peanuts

Popcorn slathered in butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peanut butter!

Swai fish!!!~ Grilled on a hot plate in a bath of butter till crisp on both sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love these kinds of threads! My mouths watering!!!!

Can you tell I love talking food by all the exclimation marks???!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

DivaJojo
on 10/19/11 3:26 am - Atlanta, GA
I know I'm late to the game.  Food limited at the moment as I'm still dealing with this dang fissure.  Anyway, here are my go to's:

Deviled eggs - eggs any way, but my fav is deviled.

Salmon salad (made just like tuna salad) with lots of mayo and hard boiled eggs added.

Deli roll-ups (usually turkey and cheese, swiss, muenster or cheddar) dipped in mayo or miracle whip.  Usually will have this with a few cucumber slices dipped in ranch dressing.

I love publix deli chili or Hormel turkey chili, but staying away from it for now.  Tastes great with a glob of the Kuakina port wine or cheddar cheese in it.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs