What is up with the DS board?

rnshawn
on 10/13/11 1:09 am
I have been lurking here for a while now and i don't find any one being mean. It is straight up in your face info but that is how the DS is. I would rather here all sides than just the  hunky dory ones.
prettypixels
on 10/13/11 1:11 am
I hate fakey fake sappiness personally, so I find the style of many posters here to be... tough to hear sometimes? Sure. But valuable. You know they are really telling you what they think vs. what they think you want to hear. I don't want to be appeased when I ask a question, I want an answer, even if I may not LIKE the answer. Life is full of hard stuff, sometimes you just have to suck it up, buttercup.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 1:23 am - Burlington County, NJ
I hate it when people insist that I "be happy." It's right up there with, "Can't we all get along?"

Its a Secret
on 10/13/11 12:40 pm
Smile EN

metamorphosis007
on 10/13/11 2:06 am
 I fail to understand why you would care if people are being "mean". That's life. If you can't handle it on a message board, I cannot imagine the propblems you must encounter in the real world. 
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
biastar83
on 10/13/11 2:45 am - WI
 I think its some thing that has to be said. I know when I was a newbie I learned almost every thing I know on this message board. An then some were along the last couple years it got really mean. An its not oh I came on today an saw a rude comment it's like every time I check in. Once or more a month. I can just imagine how scared the newbies or any one like me is to post or help people cause of the rude comments. I want any one to know that if your not asking a question cause you are scared to get your head bit off ask me I'll help you out if I can. PEace an Love to Every one. -Im out-

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.      

newyorkbitch
on 10/13/11 3:00 am
What I don't understand is why people take this **** personally.  This is a public internet forum.  These are posts - written words posted by people you don't know in real life.  Who gives  a **** how they say what they say?  Take the information you need,  and ignore any "tone" that you don't "like."  These are not your friends or family.  These are words on a screen.  If you are emotionally affected or intimidated by some words on a public internet forum then you have other issues.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 3:04 am
****DOUBLE LIKE****
metamorphosis007
on 10/13/11 3:20 am
 I've been around a little longer than you, and I can promise that nothing has really changed here. I learned everything I needed to know on this board by reading and asking (smart) questions.

If someone is too afraid to post a question here, they need to grow a pair.

You wouldn't walk down the street, ask a random group of strangers a question, and expect them to all give you kind and thoughtful responses. That's not reality.  

And why on earth would anyone be afraid of rude comments? It's not like you actually know these people! I reserve my feelings for people that mean something to me. Everyone else, no offense, doesn't really hold sway in my world unless I choose to let them. 
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 5:21 am - Lancaster, OH

You wouldn't walk down the street, ask a random group of strangers a question, and expect them to all give you kind and thoughtful responses. That's not reality.  

That.  Right there.  You are exactly right.

And, can you imagine the stares you'd get if you chastised them for NOT answering your question the way you wanted it answered?