What is up with the DS board?

Imissthe80s
on 10/13/11 2:33 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Ya damn skippy!

bldeck
on 10/13/11 8:09 am - Farmington, NM
Thank you, some people never realize this.

Betty

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift

tee4change
on 10/12/11 1:05 pm - NY
Thats right Becky!
I love this board and I find that the Vets who frequent here are extremely helpful.
yeah, they are blunt and sugar coating is sparse...but what the heck?
It's all good!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/12/11 1:24 pm - Tuvalu

You just have to approach the right dispenser...

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:10 pm
PERFECT!!!! Consider this all readers: the consequences of choosing unwisely here can be deadly.

Hugs,
Ratkity
teachmid
on 10/12/11 11:36 pm - OKC, OK
Love this!!!!!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Samaro ..
on 10/12/11 1:43 pm
On October 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM Pacific Time, biastar83 wrote:
 I stopped coming on here a year ago cause so many people were mean to each other. Now I start coming back on here to check in on everybody an people are still being rude an mean to each other!! What is up with that??? I think its just our DS board that has this problem. Skinny meanies!!!!  I think it's cause a lot of us are shooting in the dark getting DS surgery. Meaning it's not well known WLS an we kinda learn every thing on our own. We need to stick together. Be happy an lets get along already. 
I've been on this board for about 5 years and this is the calmest I've ever seen it.  Is there something/someone specifically that caught your attention or are you just offering a dose of Kumbaya?

I always find it interesting that what one person find offensive another finds not offensive.  I read the same stuff as others and rarely find it offensive.  That tells me that it's not the content that is the problem.  Rather it's the reader's interpretation that is at issue.

As if often said on this board: "Take what you need and leave the rest".

Twyla S.
on 10/12/11 1:47 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 This forum soooooo needs a "LIKE" button.....Frankly, I'm a combination of both attitudes I see on this board.  I'm a "mama" type....a protector and all that mushy stuff.  But I'm also a hell raising redneck when the case warrants.  Maybe it's the bipolar in me...who knows.  It IS a public forum, and the point being made is NOT going over any ones head, I don't think (I could be the exception sometimes), but what someone takes as being "mean", other's may take as constructive criticism.  Some of us NEED that bluntness.  I'd much rather have someone tell me the truth about something, no holds barred, than to have someone beat around the bush in order to spare my feelings.

IMO, this is LIFE THREATENING SURGERY.  I'm scared as hell of it.  so when it comes right down to the brass balls of it, don't powder my ass and pinch my cheeks---pop me upside the head with a big ol' pot of freakin' reality.  I don't have to LIKE someone, in order for them to give me the right advice.
yorkieGal
on 10/13/11 12:24 am - Clermont, FL
Oh yeh baby!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

beemerbeeper
on 10/13/11 1:00 am - AL
You go Twyla.  Well done.

~Becky