What is up with the DS board?

MsBatt
on 10/14/11 1:56 am
On October 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM Pacific Time, Toya H. wrote:
Oh please if you had been paying attention that wasn't my first post and I posted about piggybacking bc I felt it was true and someone gave me some advice via message and I rethought my stance and said maybe I shouldn't include all but after stayiing on here and seeing the going ons I am back to my original thought except for some of the people I have been chatting with. So now I understand more fully how some people enjoy and get their rocks off by degrading others, I ignore them. If I want to ask a question I will ask and if I want to respond back to some stupidty I will do that as well. Case in point.
If I want to ask a question I will ask and if I want to respond back to some stupidty I will do that as well. Case in point.

Which is EXACTLY what others are doing that you seem to find so "mean".
Toy T.
on 10/14/11 2:52 am
DS on 02/22/12
 LOL I give up bc it seems the majority of you seem oblivious. When I say I want to respond to stupidty I mean I will respond to something that rubs me the wrong way which is rare because I have a high tolerance for BS and just straight up dumb replies but it seems some of you get off on ganging up on others  (like the OP of this post), someone who has a question bc she is concerned about gaining weight, or just general question about surgery etc... If you have such a low self-esteem that this is how you try to seem superior so be it but just know its hilarious. Posts like this that "generalize" and ask why people act the way they do appeal to me bc the people that do reply and say there is nothing wrong with the way people act are the ones that are being referred to and it astounds me that the people don't see this. And God forbid someone doesn't agree with the group then they will be ganged up on and pretty much treated like an idiot when they have a general concern. Just like I have the option to reply or not if something bothers me so do you so no one is trying to take your right as a poster away. I just find it pathetic that a group of grown women get together like a high school clique to run amok on the boards and that is the stupidty I am referring to. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 3:16 am - Lancaster, OH
On October 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM Pacific Time, Toya H. wrote:
 LOL I give up bc it seems the majority of you seem oblivious. When I say I want to respond to stupidty I mean I will respond to something that rubs me the wrong way which is rare because I have a high tolerance for BS and just straight up dumb replies but it seems some of you get off on ganging up on others  (like the OP of this post), someone who has a question bc she is concerned about gaining weight, or just general question about surgery etc... If you have such a low self-esteem that this is how you try to seem superior so be it but just know its hilarious. Posts like this that "generalize" and ask why people act the way they do appeal to me bc the people that do reply and say there is nothing wrong with the way people act are the ones that are being referred to and it astounds me that the people don't see this. And God forbid someone doesn't agree with the group then they will be ganged up on and pretty much treated like an idiot when they have a general concern. Just like I have the option to reply or not if something bothers me so do you so no one is trying to take your right as a poster away. I just find it pathetic that a group of grown women get together like a high school clique to run amok on the boards and that is the stupidty I am referring to. 
So, the correct definition of "stupidity" is whatever you say it is?
Just trying to get the rules straight. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 3:48 am
On October 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Caprice wrote:
On October 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM Pacific Time, Toya H. wrote:
So, the correct definition of "stupidity" is whatever you say it is?
Just trying to get the rules straight. 
Good question!  I was thinking that it would be ok to call people stupid if they didn't agree with her, but maybe I should ask her first???
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 3:58 am - Lancaster, OH
Definitely, ask her first.
I'm thinking we're gonna have a problem if she blocks any of us.  Not sure how we'll find out if something's stupid or not....
beemerbeeper
on 10/12/11 12:05 pm - AL
Instead of just making gross generalizations I would appreciate it if you would direct us to the rude and mean comments that you see.  I must have all the rude and mean people blocked because I simply don't see it.

Personally I think it is rude to call out an entire forum for something without being specific.  I think it makes the people who are trying to be helpful and kind less likely to post.  Why should we bother if we are just going to be called rude and mean?

~Becky

yorkieGal
on 10/13/11 12:12 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Becks, I think for "rude and mean" we can read "honest and straightforward" lol.

We are what we are.....we don't sugar coat info or advice (too high in carbs lol). It's a serious surgery for serious people and if we give straightforward direct advice to ensure people understand that or correct misconceptions then so be it. As vets we have a duty to make sure that newbies have the correct info and not tell people what they want to hear. Our surgery gets  enough crappy publicity from the medical community and the other ignorant surgery boards so it's extra important that we are consistent and clear about any information we give out on this board.
 I think we have alot of fun as an online community and I have always felt supported. Respectfully, It's not compulsory to post here, if the "culture " of this board bothers you, go elsewhere.

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

* Gail R *
on 10/12/11 12:15 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Ditto what becky-beemer says.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

LuckyLibrarian
on 10/12/11 12:28 pm - Plumerville, AR
Double ditto, Becky!
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/13/11 2:11 am - Tuvalu

I really like librarians.

They often look like-and are assumed to be--nice quiet ladies.  Truth be told, they are SUCH troublemakers.  I know about librarians...