What is up with the DS board?

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/12/11 11:43 am
I see many more helpful posts than negative ones. So I don't see where you're coming from unless you're cherry picking the bad and ignoring the rest of the threads.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

LuckyLibrarian
on 10/12/11 11:47 am - Plumerville, AR
This isn't a sorority, it is a public forum. There is no requirement for politeness. Implied tone, and mean spiritedness may be misinterpreted by some readers, as it is up to the reader to use inference to "read between the lines."

That being said, if I take offense to something, I don't get bent out of shape about it.

Not all snarky, smarmy comments are truly mean. The vast majority, IMHO, are meant as a wake up call. Some people are blunt, some are grammar police, and some are soft spoken cheerleaders. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Cheers,

Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Julie R.
on 10/12/11 11:56 am - Ludington, MI
 Hah!  I love that!  Sorority!   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Toy T.
on 10/12/11 11:57 am
DS on 02/22/12
You are not going to win this. I bet by the end of tomorrow there will be at least 40 posts saying you are not strong enough and take it like a big girl. I agree with you though. I find it sad and find myself posting less and less. 
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 12:22 pm
But you seem to have no problem posting when you need help.
Toy T.
on 10/12/11 12:25 pm
DS on 02/22/12
 Which is the point of the board, to post when I have a question. I shouldn't have to have a problem posting when I need to ask a question. For those that this is going completely over their heads the OP is probably refering to posters like that. 
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 10:30 pm
The point of the board is whatever people want it to be.  We as individuals don't make the rules - do your thing,  ignore what you want to ignore, block those you want to block,  but keep the pollyanna crap to yourself. 

Nobody wants to be told how or what to post - you included.  So don't do it.

No forum can please all the people all of the time.  Sorta like life.

There are plenty of blunt folks here.  You don't like it, you can ignore them.  But do NOT tell them how they should post.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:56 pm - Lancaster, OH
On October 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM Pacific Time, Toya H. wrote:
 Which is the point of the board, to post when I have a question. I shouldn't have to have a problem posting when I need to ask a question. For those that this is going completely over their heads the OP is probably refering to posters like that. 
Oh, please.
Your grand entrance to this board was "Piggybacking off of the DSers are mean" or something like that.  Then serial deleting.
I thought you did a mea culpa.  Must have had a change of heart, I guess.

Yes, this board exists solely so that you can come and ask questions.
Toy T.
on 10/13/11 4:07 am
DS on 02/22/12
Oh please if you had been paying attention that wasn't my first post and I posted about piggybacking bc I felt it was true and someone gave me some advice via message and I rethought my stance and said maybe I shouldn't include all but after stayiing on here and seeing the going ons I am back to my original thought except for some of the people I have been chatting with. So now I understand more fully how some people enjoy and get their rocks off by degrading others, I ignore them. If I want to ask a question I will ask and if I want to respond back to some stupidty I will do that as well. Case in point.
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 5:17 am - Lancaster, OH
Well, aren't you a sweetie pie!  Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post.

("grand entrance" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as "first post" btw)