OT- anyone know much about cholesterol?

determineddanni
on 10/12/11 9:33 am
Thanks!
Also CONGRATS on the engagement!!! I am hoping your treatment goes perfectly too:)
determineddanni
on 10/12/11 9:53 am
my LDL is 100 my total cholesterol i havn't mentioned but it is 114 :) which is still good, on the low end for sure
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/12/11 10:46 am - Tuvalu

Indeed it is!  (Mine is currently low 130's almost six years later.)

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 5:53 pm
 I have absolutely nothing useful to offer you. I just wanted to say that Dr. Simper is my chosen surgeon as well, and since you already have a date and will have your surgery before me, I'm going to keep an "eye" (nice pun there, huh? :D) on your progress. 

~Lynda
determineddanni
on 10/13/11 12:52 am
lol nice pun! Well, that is my tenative date, I am sending my insurance my records in 2 wks to obtain approval. Then the battle begins! I love my insurance and I have high hopes that they will take care of me, I currently have Federal BCBS. I hear they are super fast in deciding so I might know my answer in 3 weeks! When things get rolling or you have any questions just message me. I will be scoping out the hotels they mentioned on the RMAP site in two weeks to, trying to decide which one I will be staying in for 2 wks. Dr. Simper rocks!
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/13/11 10:23 am
ways to increase the HDL: 

fish oil - krell oil is great , no after-taste/
flax oil
flax meal, flax seeds
fish
exercise
red wine
garlic

not nessesary in that order , but all of them work. Daily.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."