(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 2:30 pm
 Oops, this link is better. It's an actual ebook on the subject of foreclosure. I found it very helpful:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/foreclosur e-book.html
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 12:21 am
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 9:31 am, edited 10/13/11 9:34 am
 Just found this list of the top ten states suffering high foreclosure rates:

U.S. foreclosure rankings:
  • Nevada
  • Arizona
  • Florida
  • California
  • Idaho
  • Utah
  • Georgia
  • Michigan
  • Illinois
  • Hawaii
I found this on KSL.com, and according to the article, Nevada is experiencing 1 in 44 housing units recording foreclosure. This was from July to September of this year. 

Colorado isn't on this list (though at the beginning of this year it was at number ten), so hopefully you have a chance of keeping your home. I'm in Utah, things aren't that great here. 

The whole thing just sickens me. All these people losing their homes. Losing a lifetime of work and commitment. 

We've invested literally tens of thousands into our home, and we have to leave it all behind. I know the house is just an object, and at the end of the day, it's family that matters, not possessions, but I just hate that all our hard work is going down the tubes, so to speak. When I think of all the money we've invested, I get pissed. Really pissed. But I can't allow myself to think of that. I have to keep my priorities straight and be grateful things aren't worse. Things could always be worse. My great grandmother died from childbirth in a dug out! A fricken' dirty, insect infested rabbit hole! And are you familiar with Sybil? The one with multiple personalities? Her family lost their home during the depression and had to move into a chicken coop! Yes, things could always be worse.

~Lynda

PS: I think our mortgage company may have pulled a fast one on us. Chase is our mortgage company, by the way, and they've come under fire from the government for not implementing the modification program as they should. 

When we bought this house, we had a 20% down, conventional mortgage. We were able to get one modification on our loan–a very modest modification–and our loan then was owned by Freddie Mac. Well, because our loan went from conventional to Freddie Mac, Chase gained protection from the government if we defaulted on our mortgage...which we did. That means if Chase forecloses on us, which they are, they are protected while we are **** out of luck. 

I'm frustrated, can you tell?