Apparently, I pissed someone off

Lisa A.
on 10/12/11 5:19 am - Windsor, NY
I would then have to take an extra iron pill because there is a small amt of iron in my flintstone. This is what scares me because I heard iron can bother people's stomach and I have no issues now. Do you take any iron? Does it bother you? What do you recommend?

Renee2007
on 10/13/11 1:18 am - Central, FL
 I'm pretty sure you can find multi's with iron or you can take it separately. The problem with that is multi's with iron also have calcium in them and you're not supposed to take them at the same time. I've never understood why manufacturers make a multi with added iron.

I don't seem to absorb iron orally so I go for infusions about twice a year. Vitalady has a couple of options for iron. I think a lot of people are having good results with Proferrin.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 5:13 am

Here's my list: This is what I do...it may or may not be right for you. I have other chronic conditions, and my vites are adjusted because some of my prescription meds change the way they work.

OTC Medications   Immodium 2mg/4 times daily/as needed for  stomach cramps & diarrhea   Devrom (Bismuth Subgallate) 2 capsules up to four times daily (BM & gas odor control)   Duodenal Switch LIFETIME Nutritional Requirements   4 Complete Multivitamin/Mineral Tablets daily (Centrum Complete-type supplemented with NOW Multivitamin/Mineral Liquid)    (2400 mg) Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D Tablet daily (supplemented with NOW Cal-Mag with D Liquid)   1-2 B12 shots monthly, 1 ml, inj. IM (I do my own shots.  Doctor writes script for injectible cyanocobalamin)   100 mg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) Weekly   650 mg Iron weekly taken with 500 mg Vitamin C   64+ oz of hydration daily, preferably H2O   90-100g protein daily (from supplements and diet)   B Complex 50 – 2 tabs daily   Dry Vitamin A – 25,000 IU weekly   Dry Vitamin D – 50,000 IU weekly   Dry Vitamin E – 400 IU weekly   Dry Vitamin K 1- 600 mcg weekly   Dry Vitamin K 2 – 10,000 mcg weekly
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 6:08 am
OMG Dr. Peters would kick you right in the butt if he knew this!!!!!  EEEK.

You should be taking an adult multi with iron, twice per day.

Please, please step away from the Flintstones.

I hope you are also supplementing with Dry versions of A, D, E and K - as well as Calcium  Citrate at a minimum.

I take a LOT of vitamins and have my labs checked regularly.  What were your labs like last run?

Sharon
rubytica
on 10/12/11 1:06 am - GA
WOW...I am impressed by you.  Congratulations on your determination and Good Luck and success in your future. Please stay here and keep us informed, especially us newbies.

Thanks
Ruby
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 5:23 am

I'm not going anywhere. I might get quiet for long periods, but that will likely be because a class is kicking my natrual
BEE-hind!

I'm learning that a RD is a specialized type of nursing.  I have to take the same classes they do, before I branch off into Dietetics. 
maryc543
on 10/13/11 12:15 am
FYI, an RD is NOT a 'specialized' type of RN.    Jus' saying.....     just because everyone takes A&P, or organic chem does not make it similar programs.....    it's like comparing an astronomer and an astronaut because they both work with Space....  

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

teachmid
on 10/13/11 12:41 am, edited 10/13/11 12:42 am - OKC, OK
This is absolutely NOT true. I am an advanced practice nurse and have been in nursing since 1970. A RD is a registered dietician...not a nurse. They may have some of the same early pre-requisite classes, that's all.

Edited for spelling.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

maryc543
on 10/13/11 12:47 am

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 3:11 am
Nurses-

Didn't mean to offend.  That's what it *seems* like to me, seeing as my original degree is a BA. Sorry I didn't phrase that very well.

Back in my day, a BA program included minimal math and science, so I kind of feel like I'm learning a foreign language that I pick up easily in some areas and not so easily in others.