FAGE

YeahItsCase
on 10/11/11 12:44 pm
chobani is my personal favorite over fage..but if I get fage, it is with the preserves. Greek yogurt in general is much more bitter than reg. yogurt..takes a bit to get used to. Chobani really does have great flavor though so i'd recommend that!

butercup
on 10/11/11 1:37 pm - Kennewick, WA
I know what you're talking about.  The only thing I found to make it palatable was mixing Hidden Valley dip mix packet.  You may need more than one packet for taste in the big tub.  Dip whatever you'd like into it. 
Twi light
on 10/11/11 1:41 pm, edited 10/11/11 1:41 pm - NY
it is not bitter to me at all, but it is not standard yogurt flavorl, it is more like tangy sour cream type. You may try to use it in a more savory way.  For example, chopped cucumbers with dill, crumbled feta, salt and fage.

I just do plain full fat fage with those fiber no sugar fruit juice sweetned preserves

Renee2007
on 10/11/11 2:03 pm - Central, FL
 Now that actually appeals to me. I just might have to give it a second try that way. Thank you!!!!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

gak
on 10/11/11 2:00 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I like Oikos Organic yogurt ! I was hesitant at first, but oh yummy was I was brave enough to try it ! 

http://www.stonyfield.com/products/oikos

I like the single serve with fruit on the bottom ...

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 10/11/11 2:39 pm, edited 10/11/11 2:42 am

I love the cherry, it's like cheesecake. I have a 40 minute drive to find the full fat version, but it's worth it!
I usually add Equal.

beemerbeeper
on 10/11/11 8:59 pm - AL
Buy the plain full fat kind and add splenda and sugar free preserves.  You can make it SWEET!!!

Yum.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 10/11/11 9:12 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Bitter? That's very strange. I've never heard it described that way.

I'm eating mine as we speak with raspberry jam, a little vanilla extract and some sweetener, with soy nuts and sunflower seeds mixed in.

NoMore B.
on 10/11/11 10:03 pm
 If you're used to eating flavored Danon type yogurt, you might find it too tart.  It can be an acquired taste.

Lots of people mix in sugar free preserves, or even a splash of sugar free syrup like Torani.  I'm not militant about carbs, I eat mine with some honey and chopped walmuts, yum.
lovemypugs
on 10/11/11 10:27 pm - VA
I mix plain greek yogurt with sugar free cheesecake jello and half and half with a hand mixer. It is so good - it really tastes like cheesecake. I bought sugar free butterscotch jello a few days ago and I can't wait to try that out! I can't eat greek yogurt plain.

Duodenal Switch on February 21, 2011

Surgery weight: 276; Current weight: 122; Height: 5'5

Plastics scheduled for 10/3/14: BL/BA, LBL, TL