Gone from plunge to swan dive

KarinV
on 10/10/11 11:21 pm
Good morning. I posted last week looking for input about making the decision to have surgery. I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to reply and share their experiences. It really did help me out a lot.
I have an appointment with Dr. Keshishian next Friday and I can honestly say I am looking forward to meeting with him. I have read so much on this site and other sites and have learned so much. My husband is being very helpful too.
I still have tons of questions I hope to get answered when I meet with Dr. Keshishian and I am sure I will feel much better after that appointment. We shall see!
But I have officially gone from to so it is a start, right?
Lisey
on 10/10/11 11:28 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
It's a darn good start!  And, the journey should be carefully considered.  Your health is really dependent on your willingness and ability to learn the ins & outs of how to take care of yourself as a DS patient.  I get leery of people who just want the surgery & don't care to learn about anything else.  Good job.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

teachmid
on 10/10/11 11:55 pm - OKC, OK
I'm so excited for you. You will love Dr. Keshishian!!!! He's an awesome surgeon and person!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

edeldog13
on 10/11/11 1:21 am - MO
Great choice in Dr. K. ! He will make sure you understand the DS as well as the other wls's and you will have even more clarity than you do now.
sandyv63
on 10/11/11 1:55 am - Naples, FL
My surgery date with Dr. K is November 10th. If you're lucky enough to get an early surgery date, maybe we will be switched around the same time and can visit (and encourage each other.)  If you still have to go through the 6 month diet, etc., I will have my iPad with me and I am sure I will be posting about my experience from the hospital  (assuming an Angry Birds update does not occur at that time, hehehe.)
KarinV
on 10/11/11 2:14 am
That would be so cool Sandy but I doubt things are going to go that fast. I only have my first appointment with him on the 21st. I am not sure how long it takes after that but I don't think my insurance requires 6 months (I have Anthem BC). I am hoping to have it done before the end of the year but still not sure.  
I am anxious to hear how your surgery goes though and wish you all the best!

sandyv63
on 10/11/11 2:31 am - Naples, FL
Hey, you never know! When I scheduled the surgery,  I had to schedule 2 weeks because I am coming in from out of town and I told Diana either November or December and Nov 10th is what she said was available. I'm not sure if you could get it done by December but try hard to get a 2011 date so that you get the tax deduction for this year. Well, maybe that isn't so important for you since insurance is covering your surgery but it may be helpful with deductibles and out of pocket costs.
August10
on 10/11/11 2:46 am - LA
 Dr. Keshishian is an amazing surgeon and a really neat guy, I think you will like him.  He did my DS two months ago.  It only took 2 weeks for me to go from phone consult to surgery date!

KarinV
on 10/11/11 2:56 am
Wow, really?!? That is awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed for sometime in November but I have a little trip planned the beginning of December so I don't know if I had it before I left if I would still be able to go. Maybe after my trip... who knows. I just know that I have such a positive outlook on all of this now. I am sitting down right now to fill out all this paperwork for Dr. Keshishian. Boy there is a lot... lol.
teachmid
on 10/11/11 2:53 am - OKC, OK
I was self pay...no insurance hoops to jump through ......and with the holidays last year and getting the pre-op stuff done, it took about 6 weeks from the time I contacted the office until I had surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165