Dr in bay area

JodiGirl
on 10/10/11 7:03 am - CA
Does anyone know anything about dr john feng in the bay atea? Does he do revisions?
What A Exciting Journey This Is~ 
JodiGirl   

7_5_1411.gif picture by morbid2thebone
MajorMom
on 10/10/11 7:21 am, edited 10/10/11 6:47 pm - VA
I haven't heard of him. You may want to check the surgeons on www.dsfacts.com. Revison surgeons in CA are Keshishian and Rabkin.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Elizabeth N.
on 10/10/11 7:26 am - Burlington County, NJ
Diana and Larra, our resident CA experts, have strong opinions about him, I believe. They should be along before too long, so I'll keep you bumped up a bit :-).

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 9:34 am - Bellevue, WA
 Only Keshishian and Rabkin.  Rabkin being my personal favorite!  Seriously, a revision is so much more difficult and very few surgeons are qualified to do revisions.
JodiGirl
on 10/10/11 1:53 pm - CA
 What about Gregg Jossart?

What A Exciting Journey This Is~ 
JodiGirl   

7_5_1411.gif picture by morbid2thebone
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 3:33 pm - San Jose, CA

Feng used to be in practice with Cirangle and Jossart.  He may have assisted in a few DSs, but I have it IN WRITING from his office that he is not doing DS in his current (as of several months ago) practice.

I don't know if Jossart does revisions - if he does, I haven't heard of it (but I don't know everything about him, or his new practice since leaving Cirangle's LapSF group).  And what do you mean be a revision?  Band to DS?  Tricky, but not "brain surgery" - at least usually (look what happened to Stephanie with an inexperienced surgeon).  RNY to DS?  Rabkin or Keshishian, ONLY.

larra
on 10/11/11 2:15 am - bay area, CA
Dr. Feng does not do the DS. Whether or not he does revisions of lap band to other surgeries, I don't know, but definitely does not do the DS in his current practice.

Once again I'll invite you to our support group meeting - our small group meets in San Jose the third Wednesday of every month, which means Oct. 19 this month, from 6-8 pm in the Theater Building of Hoover Middle School at 1635 Park Ave, San Jose. It's a small, informal group and you would be warmly welcomed.
     The big group meets the second Wednesday of every month in San Francisco (tomorrow night in this case) and is much larger. Dr. Rabkin usually gives an educational presentation for new people at that meeting. 
     Either group is a great way to learn more about your options, and to meet people who live with the DS and will discuss post-op life in an open, honest manner.

And anyone else reading this, the invite is not just for Jodi, but for anyone who is interested, and your support person is welcome as well. There is no fee and no committment involved.

Larra
Nicolle
on 10/13/11 3:05 am
If you are looking for a revision to a DS, I would call on Dr. Rabkin. Not just any doc can do a DS. Oh sure, lots of them will get you in the door by saying they can, but be careful! You will end up with something you do not want. Here is the part of Rabkin's site that talks about revisions:

http://www.paclap.com/weight-loss-surgery/revisions.cfm

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!