Dry D 50,000 IU source

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/10/11 1:32 pm - Tuvalu

Aha...to keep me at the low end of normal, I'd go through a bottle from ProHealth every six to eight days.  That would get "costy."

If you take a lot less, it makes sense.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 12:55 pm
 I have posted stuff in a conversaton between Beemer and me that y'all might take as gospel.  It's what I do, and I'm healthy in terms of my *own* nutrition and condition.  The other medical issues I'm dealing with makes what I do necessary.   It may not be right for you.

Some folks may need to or have to take 50,000 IU's of
Vitamin D every day.  Once a week, in addition to my multis, calcium and food, works for me. There are other separate vitamins that I take, at levels that may not be good for everyone.  In fact, I do different things with the ADEK's that are NOT the norm for most DSers.  Believe me, I was taking far less than that early out, and had it not been for two of the most dedicated, excellent physicians I know,  I might be six feet under right now.

I can't possibly know what works for you.  Everybody's different.  I have other chronic conditions that come into play in terms of my vites, minerals and nutritional needs.  An effect of any of my prescription drugs may mean that I have to *NOT* take as much of one thing as someone else, or that I have to take three times the usual dose for a DSer.  The DS made it possible for me to be able to take medication *and* have it work.   Prior to that, the only thing that worked for me was prednisone.

There are exceptions to every rule.  If I were not following instructions according to my individual case, I'd be dead from either vitamin toxicity/deficiency or malnutrition. 

I do two 28 oz double scoop protein shakes a day in addition to eating meals and snacks.  I would never recommend that to anyone.  It's not the DS surgeon's fault that my body does what it does.   If you blame anything, blame genetics and SLE.  

The post-prednisone benefits of my DS outweighed the risks and complications, of which struggling to keep my weight *up* now is one. My PCP doc says without the loose skin, I'd likely be somewhere around 155-160., which she says, at my age, and with my conditions is a good weight for me. The only way I get prednisone now is if I have to be hospitalized because of a flare.

What you see on lists is *typical* for people with no issues other than the DS.  I'm definitely not that...make sure you check with your own docs before you do something posted here.  There is probably a good reason you're *NOT* (or are) doing it! 
meredith_123
on 10/11/11 11:25 am - Waterford, MI
In case you're interested or someone else reading this is.  You can get the same 100 count bottle on amazon for $19.99 and if you spend at least $25 the shipping is free.  That's the best price I've found so far for the dry D. 

www.amazon.com/Bio-Tech-D3-50-000-100-Caps/dp/B000A0F2B2/ref =sr_1_1
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 11:33 am

WOW!!! That IS good!  
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 10:26 am
Jazzbabe,  do you have to post everything in that silly big font? 
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 1:29 pm

I like the font. It's easier to read for those who have vision issues, like me.

Am I a sick beeach?  Yessiree, Bob!  

Sick, but I try to be  respectful of people here.   If you don't want to read it, that's OK by me.