Dry D 50,000 IU source

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 6:44 am

Anybody who doesn't use Vitalady and is looking for Dry D 50,000 IU  it is available through Pro Health as Extreme D 3.
newyorkbitch
on 10/10/11 7:24 am
Also from amazon.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/10/11 10:27 am - Tuvalu

I believe it's the same product Michelle sells under her own label.  But check shipping costs.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/10/11 10:26 am - Tuvalu
Yeah, but...ProHealth is selling 24 capsules for $13.49 for members.   That's 56-cents per capsule.

VitaLady sells ove FOUR TIMES AS MANY (100) for $23.74...less than double the price... 23-cents per capsule....less than half the price.

I don't know if it's a great product, but that one isn't a great price.
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 10:56 am, edited 10/9/11 10:59 pm

I take it once a week. My levels are great, and I have a sunroof that is always open in warm sunny weather. I take more in the winter. I have yet to have a vitamin D deficiency, and that's at DS levels.

I also count the D I get from my protein shakes, meat, and other stuff I eat.

Vitamins spoil, just like other medicines, even the dry fat soluble vitamins (ADEK), so I try not to order too much at one time.
beemerbeeper
on 10/10/11 10:58 am - AL
Exactly what is your D level?

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 11:16 am, edited 10/11/11 11:19 am

Beemer-

Since all of these go together, in balancing each other, here ya go. 

25-hydroxy vitamin D 74.2 ng/mL
PTH intact 50 pg/ml
Calcium (total) 10.5 mg/dL

These are the upper limits of "normie" normal, which is actually where DSers want to be. Keep in mind that I also take Creon with my supplements and meals, since I am hypermalabsorptive. Creon is a digestive enzyme, and what it does is essentially a partial pharmaceutical reversal.  Reason: I had sucky labs early out.  I began taking Viokase (same thing) about 3 or 4 months out, because I was having some issues.   Viokase is no longer sold in the US, so I'm told by my doc and pharmacist - licensing ran out or something like that.

These are year old labs.  I will be getting my newest set in about a month (it takes them that long where I live.  Most are sent away to a lab in  Salt Lake City) 

Sorry for the delay - it took me a while to find the right docs.  I have all my labs sent directly to me, my surgeon and my PCP. 

beemerbeeper
on 10/11/11 12:36 pm, edited 10/11/11 12:38 pm - AL
I would be very concerned if my PTH was 50 and my Calcium was 10.5.  And If I had had those labs I sure wouldn't have waited a year for labs again.

I hope those numbers come down with your next labs.

For other readers here's the cheat sheet I use for labs as I am NOT a lab expert.  docs.google.com/Doc

Protein:                7's

Albumin:               4's

Pre-Albumin:       20-30's

Iron:                     80-100

Ferritin:               200-300

HGB:                    12+

HCT:                     36+

Vit A:                    60- 80

Vit D:                    80-120

Calcium:               9.0-9.4

PTH:                     20-40

Vit B1:                 Mid to top of range

Vit B6:                 Mid to top of range

Magnesium:        Mid range (but also go by if we have leg/foot cramping)

Zinc:                    Mid range

Vit B12:               1000 +

Folate:                Top of range 20

AST (sgot):          Below 40

ALT (sgpt):           Below 40

You do not want your PTH or Calcium to be high.  That means you may be leeching Calcium from your bones.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 9:53 am
Regarding my labs-I've been blocked from responding to this, so I'm posting it here. 

Because of my PTH, I did have a parathyroid study to see what was going on.  My bone scan was normal, except for my knees, which showed osteoarthritis, and I already knew about that.  

Parathyroid study showed nothing.  I also had a number of other tests, including ANA to see if lupus was the problem.  I am out of remission from lupus now, having had a flare with fever in August, a week before classes started, and I am coming out of a mild flare now.    I was in the hospital for a week in June with pneumonia.  I do have some organ damage from lupus, but everything was stable until the weird PTH.   
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:09 am, edited 10/11/11 10:10 pm
Becky blocks anyone that disagrees with her or doesn't do things her way.

You are probably better off!

I haven't missed a thing..lol