Approved for Surgery - Wracked with Doubt

larra
on 10/11/11 2:34 am - bay area, CA
Everyone else has already said anything I would have said about being realistic, fears, maintaining weight loss, etc etc...
    so I'll just throw into the mix that given how high your weight started and that you cut back greatly on salt, a lot of the weight you have already lost relatively easily was water weight. Still good to get that weight off your joints and get the excess water out of your organs and all, but that easy water weight loss is done, and won't happen again if you try to lose another 100 or 150 lbs without surgery.
     I think you know what you need to do. No one really "wants" to have wls. And it isn't the easy way out. It's the only way out.

Larra
lawbuoy
on 10/11/11 4:57 am
Hi Larra.  Very true about the water weight - there was undoubtedly a lot of it.  I'm still losing at about the same rate, however, so it can't all have been water.  Only the first week of loss was significantly faster than what followed, so hopefully I'm now into fat loss vs. water loss.  I agree that DS is the only realistic way to proceed from where I am.  Thanks for adding your voice to support what probably should have been more obvious to me.  I really appreciate it.