Vitamin Organizers

Switch_Me
on 10/9/11 12:11 pm - Baltimore, MD
I'm curious how everyone organizes their vitamins.  I came across this one and it seems like a good option to really plan it out and load them up once a month.  I can imagine it may take a little while to get a great system down but I'm curious what tips helped when developing your "process."
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 12:31 pm
There are a lot of people that use the one in your link. Make sure you get the 'large' one as they come in different sizes.

I use this one: http://www.amazon.com/Day-Pill-Pack-Organizer-Dispenser/dp/B 000E17M38/ref=pd_sim_hpc19  I bought 4 and fill monthly.

Here is a thread with more options: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3939700/Plus-Size-Pill- Holders/
Mdae
on 10/9/11 1:07 pm, edited 10/9/11 1:07 pm
I don't like the monthly styles, because they seem like such a pain to fill.  i have 6 of these, www.amazon.com/Apex-70060-Medi-Chest-Large/dp/B000EGN1AG/ref =sr_1_1 and i can lay them all out open on the table, and fill them all at once.  they stack up nicely and individual days pop out.  The compartments are plenty big enough, even if i decided to add more supplements.  I intend to get a few more, to replace days here and there as the flaps wear out.  it's also nice if you're travelling, you can take a week at a time, in the little tray.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/9/11 1:30 pm - Tuvalu

I use this one tinyurl.com/3tujydo  or one just like it but bigger, I'm not sure from this photo.

I take a few of the BA calcium lozenges every day and BA have increased the size (to accommodate the larger 500mg tablets) and those don't fit in most of the ones above.  The one I use has individual compartments that measure 1" x 1" x 1 1/8" (I think.)  And even at that size, by the time I throw in a  citrate pill and a multivitamin and a mag citrate and a couple of other Rxs...each compartment is REALLY full.
sdld2001
on 10/9/11 9:39 pm - Summerville, SC
I use the monthly organizer in the larger style. It takes around 40 minutes from beginning to end to fill it (including taking out, opening and closing the boxes, and putting them back in). I'm sorta slow, so I'm sure it takes everyone else less time. Either way, it's really not that big of a deal.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
"Just Elizabeth "
on 10/10/11 9:11 am - Houston, TX
Ziplock snack size baggies. Seriously. You can fit everything you need in them and it doesn't matter if you loose one.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

meredith_123
on 10/10/11 10:29 am - Waterford, MI
I use this one, it's like the one you posted, but the large size.  I really like it, I open them all and lay them out on the counter.  Then load each pill into all the days.  Takes me about 45 minutes, but I've only done it a couple times.  I'm sure it will get a little faster.  I really like that I only have to do it once a month and then don't worry about it.  I also really like they way they have the different color ends so you can see that you took them. It keeps me on track and I don't have to remember if I took everything for the day.

www.amazon.com/MedCenter-Monthly-Vitamin-Organizer-Large/dp/B001DU7BMQ/ref=sr_1_4
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Switch_Me
on 10/10/11 10:36 am - Baltimore, MD
  Thanks for all the feedback!  I like the idea of the monthly one because it caters to the OCD side of me.  But getting a month's supply of Ms. Cal Culator's suggestion and just stack em up!

I've thought about the plastic bags - do you do a snack bag for morning, noon, evening, and night?  if so how do you label them so you know what's in what bag?
"Just Elizabeth "
on 10/11/11 12:27 am - Houston, TX
I've been doing it so long that I know what all the vitamins look like and can name them in the bag. You can label them if you want. Again it won't hurt it and if one gets lost then it's easy to replace (and fairly cheap).

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

gak
on 10/10/11 1:41 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
 I do not like the box type pill organizers, they are only divided for 4 doses per day, because I have to take a lot of calcium, I just use a plain old 3 inch by 4 inch ziplock bag.. something like this.  http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PROD/zip-lock-bags/SAB2- 3x4  

You can find them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby in the bead section. I think there are like 500 or so and they are $2.00.  I then sort and fill them, using muffin tins.

I purchase my vits, then on a night when there is good TV shows on I sort 60-90 bags at a time and then put them all in a BIG gallon ziplock bag. Every night I set one out on the counter for morning, pull out my first 2 pills for a.m. and then it is very portable for the entire day. When the bag is empty I save and reuse it until they fall apart. The bags are quite durable actually and they fit easiy in a pocket or in a purse etc.  If I am traveling I throw out the bag as they are cost affective.

I am on the go a lot and I do not like the idea of pulling a decent size pill box out in public situations. This keeps my routine to me for the most part. Easy to do when dining with clients or when traveling as well, etc.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm