Ahhh, the good old days . . .

DivaJojo
on 10/9/11 8:17 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi folks,

Just need a moment to wallow in misery. I remember the days . . . the days of going to the bathroom at work ot hme with no thought or worry beyond did I bring the ozium wirh me. The simple days of actually enjoying the sensation of a full elimination (Ohh, mom . . . look at this . . .) The joy of a full, satisfying releaseofgas with the only result being the dirty looks I get from thecat.

Now, my days are filled with balancing fiber, water, stool softeners. I dread going to the bathroom because iam afraid it will be too dense, watery, not fluffy. Not much pain during, but several hours of burning, pinchng pain afterward.

As you can guess, I am still healing a fissure and dealing with unofficial hemorrhoids. I say unofficial cuz th CRS didn't want to examine until the fissure was more healed (we'll see what he says at my follow up). But I believe that's what I am feeling. It is over in 2-3 hours on a good day, 6-7 on a bad. So my mornings consist of two sessions int the bathroom followed by hot soak, nitro ointment and ice application for relief between 2 and 7 in the morning so I can be ready to leave for work, then varying degrees of discomfort at wor****il 9am (good day) or 1pm (bad day). I try to coun any day that I dont have to lie down in the break room for a bit as a good day.

Fortunately there has been no bleeding and no "grapes"popping through, but I can feel the inflammation and it irritates the fissure. Doesn't help that I have no experience with hemorrhoids and these are being stubborn. That and my period is on, which is a misery all it's own.

Don't get me wtong. I am dealing day by day and I know that most everyone here has to balance food, water, fiber and aids like stool softeners. You've gone through the trial and error of learning the right combination for you ( the newbies are somewhere in this process as well). Let's just say that I wish I had perfected this combination before developing a fissure!!

I am learning to be patient and persistent. I am learning the combination, but the trial and error (especially the errors) is not fun. I am thinking that though I have increased my fiber, I've not increased it enough, so I am increasing to see what affect it has.

Well, I am gonna go do another soa**** and heat application. Sorry to whine, but had a moment of weakness and I had to let it out where it could be understood. Thanks for listening.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Emily F.
on 10/9/11 8:22 am
That just sounds awful. I sure hope you get some relief soon.
MajorMom
on 10/9/11 8:25 am - VA
Oh, Jo. I hate that you're going through this. I hope and pray everything heals quickly and you find the right balance.

((hugs))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 10/9/11 8:39 am - OKC, OK
Hope you get alot of relief very soon.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 10:03 am, edited 10/9/11 10:03 am
I do hope that you find relief.

But, what's a CRS?
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 11:47 am
CRS = Colorectal surgeon
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 11:56 am
Thank you. Sorry for being ignorant.
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 11:01 am - San Jose, CA

You know I'm the "Queen" of fissures and treating them medically.  But sometimes, surgery to repair the fissure is the only way to go.  If medical treatment doesn't work after a certain amount of time, you may have to consider this, especially if you are as miserable as  it sounds like you are.

I had a fissurectomy in 1995.  And I told them, while they were up there, and I was unconscious, remove all the internal and external hemorrhoids too.  For a week, I was miserable - and then the pain was GONE.  Something to think about.

DivaJojo
on 10/10/11 1:09 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks, Diana. I appreciate he information. While I honestly don't want to have surgery for it if it can heal on its own, I'll be more honest and say it is on my radar. Not an option at the moment since I am on Coumadin, my CRS has already said he won't even discuss it until I have been off for a couple months.

I have had a few bad days and it hasn't been tun at all since the hemis started a month ago. Don't know why they're being so stubborn. I go back for a check up on halloween and if it's not improved, I will ask what options we have. May not be any cuz I am on coumadin til february. Do I have other options? I mean, can I ask to discontinue the coumadin for this procedure and start again a coupke weeks after?

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

Lori F.
on 10/9/11 12:11 pm - Chula Vista, CA

Feel better soon. Thanks for sharing, also. We need to know EVERYTHING.

Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49