Paula Deen's PB cookies and Newbies

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 12:21 pm - AL
Sue,

I remember a post of yours a while back about peanut butter.  Where do you buy it?  I've looked at Publix (our expensive grocery store) and they don't have any low carb or low sugar peanut butters.  They have "natural" types but they seem to all have about the same carbs.

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/9/11 1:42 pm - Tuvalu

Our regular stores carry it.  I usually get it at a store in the Kroger's chain. 

Smuckers makes one:
www.smuckers.com/products/category.aspx

Adams makes one:
www.adamspeanutbutter.com/product

Some of the local chains grind their own right in the store.  If all else fails and you have a food processor powerful blender...www.squawkfox.com/2011/06/01/peanut-butter-recipes/
beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 1:46 pm - AL
I guess I was looking for low carb or low sugar pb.  The natural or organic has the same carbs as the JIF I eat, right?  Just better for you?

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/9/11 2:37 pm, edited 10/9/11 2:39 pm - Tuvalu
I've never checked.

I've always just used the peanut butter that's made from "peanuts and salt...that's all."  (There was a commercial that said that.)

The stuff I use does NOT remove the peanut oil and replace it with hydrogenated oil and add sugar.  Lemme go check the label.

(Meanshile, it tastes ike this...put a bunch of roasted slightly salted peanuts in your mouth and chew slowly.  Like THAT!)

Label:  2 Tablespoons

Calories--200
Calories from Fat--150
Total Fat--16g
Sat Fat--2.5 g
Transfat--0
Polyunsaturated Fat--4.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat--8 g
Cholesterol--0
Sodium--90mg
Total Carbs--6g
Fiber--2g
Sugars--1g
Protein--7g

This may be a philosophical issue on my part.  I've also never understood why dairy farmers take the newborn calf away from its mother...milk the mother and collect the colostrum and bottle it but  feed the newborn colostrom from some OTHER cow out of a bottle.  Never made sense to me.
It's like...it was all right there to begin with...why mess with it?  So I think that has spilled over into the peanut butter issue.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/9/11 9:33 am - Tuvalu

I became sensitive to overprocessed flours and even MORE lactose intolerant post-op, so it doesn't work for me...and I don't know if this will work for her...but Ricotta Fluff is another high protein possibility that a lot of people swear by, especially when they move on to food.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 9:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
If I'd eaten even a very small fraction of that before about, oh, two or maybe three months out, I would have **** an oil well--and I have a cast iron stomach and an amazingly high need for fat.

elixir
on 10/9/11 11:06 am - MI
I made Paula's cookies a few weeks ago using natural peanut butter. My brother thought they were OK, but my kid hated them. I ate a couple the first day and a couple more the next and decided I was done after that and we tossed the rest. (My brother went to the bakery and bought himself a container of real peanut butter cookies and declared mine fake.) However the half and half poured over them might be tasty. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

lk1970
on 10/9/11 11:53 am
you could use the pie pan as a base for the faux cheesecake too... doesn't that sound tasty!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

yorkieGal
on 10/10/11 12:48 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys, we love, love, love the cookies in our house. My partner jamie loves to sit and wtach the game with his cup of coffee and the tupperware box of cookies on his knee!lol  Even Riley, the 3 yr old in our lives loves them with a squirt of whipped cream on top.

My partner Jamie is a cheesecakeaholic.....so I bought some low carb cheesecake base from one of those low carb websites Blugh!! what a waste of money.

So last week i made a batch to eat and another batch to mush up with some melted butter and used it as a cheesecake base (added a pinch of cinnamon too). Then added the "cheesecake" which is 2 pkts cream cheese softened, one tub coolwhip, half a cup splenda and some whipped heavy cream, pkt sugar free chesecake jello pudding and a splash of some extract of your choice. (I used some canned organic pumpkin and pumpkin pie mix as I'm road testing this for the holidays). when it was all mixed in I put it on the base and chilled overnight. To serve I piped some extra whipped cream crowns and topped each crown with a pecan - it looked beautiful and my partner and company loved it (the company had no idea it was low carb lol). Bummer - I forgot to take pics!!

I am making a chocolate peppermint one this week to road test it for the holidays, plan on decorating it with more whipped cream and crushed sf starlight mints. I can also use my davinci sf peppermint syrup in the whipped cream!! I promise to take pics this time!!

I thought of making thumbprint cookies with the pb cookies, you know, make  well in them and fill with a low carb cheesecake flavor filling before baking - this would be great for the holiday cookie exchange as I have alot of friends following low carb diets etc.

Love ya all

Yorkie xx

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!