Time to buy Protein

MARTINA P.
on 10/9/11 6:45 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I need to buy protein again and is looking for some suggestions.  I know that I am going to need at least a Vanilla and Chocolate.  I want some suggestions of some brands of protein that work or at least taste decent from other people.  Thanks in advance.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

wannablite
on 10/9/11 7:13 am - Southern, NJ
 I found that a lot of the powders are a little sweet for me and I like to add my own sf syrups so I stumbled upon Isopure low carb and zero carb powders. Right now I have the vanilla & chocolate & the unflavored is on its way. They work great for me! Good luck in your search Martina!

Emily F.
on 10/9/11 7:53 am
I think you need to dress them up. Not many of us just drink protein and water.

I use half and half, sf caramel syrup, coffee and redi whip.

Its all in how you accessorize!
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 8:13 am
Martina-

I don't even mess with flavored protein.  I buy Now Sport unflavored Whey Protein Isolate in ten pound bags from luckyvitamin.com

I generally use mine to make Iced Decaf Hazelnut Shakes, but if I want chocolate, I use Hershey's Special Dark coaco powder.  If I want vanilla, I use vanilla extract, or any other flavor extract that's available that I like.  I make my shakes with whole milk and a splash of heavy cream for he mouth feel. You can alsoinclude the unflavored powder in bases for spaghetti sauce, chili and cream sauces and gravies, to increase the protein content.

If you are not lactose intolarant, like I am ( I was before surgery, so mine's not going away) you can buy regular Whey Protein powder the same way from this outfit. Isolate processes most of the lactose (milk sugar) out, so it's easier for LI people to digest.  They also have quite a few vites in the strengths that we need, too.  Anything they don't have, I get from Vitalady or locally, if I can find it.
RhondaDenise
on 10/9/11 9:01 am - Crossville, TN
 I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I use Champion Pure Whey Stack Chocolate.  Mix 8 oz water with 2 scoops and ice and shake, shake, shake.

Of course I did go thru lots to find one that I liked.  I figure when I get to the point of not liking it is when I will start messing with it to change up the flavors.

I do 2 a day and I am 1 1/2 years out.

Rhonda

Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 9:06 am - Burlington County, NJ
I am fairly pleased with GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme in chocolate and cookies and creme.

stillhopefull
on 10/9/11 10:52 am
 EN,
Do you mix with water, milk, half n half, cream??
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 12:23 pm, edited 10/9/11 12:23 pm - Burlington County, NJ
It varies. If I just want medicine protein, I mix one scoop (20 grams) with 4-6 oz. of water and shake. Dissolves quickly and fairly completely without a lot of foam and I can chug it like a shot.

If I want medicine protein plus medicine fat, I make it more like a beverage by adding some cream (like 6-8 oz usually) and a shot or two of sugar free syrup. With the chocolate I usually do chocolate and hazelnut, and with the cookies and cream I do hazelnut and/or vanilla.

ETA: If it's the latter, then I generally do two scoops for 40 grams. It's a little too funky for me that way in straigh****er.

gak
on 10/9/11 11:09 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 I like IDS brand..vanilla cinnamon and belgium chocolate. I also really like Protein Blitz, (its RTD)  the orange mango is a fav. Grape is okay. It also comes in plastic bottles which is great for travel.

I do NOT do punch flavors... ick to me  !  For awhile early out I like the Zerocarb Isopure Blue Raspberry (looks like koolaid)  in the glass bottle from GNC..but it got old after awhile. I think many of us change brands over time, as we get board. 

Go either to a Vitamin store and buy one bottle of the RTD (ready to drink)  kinds to try and see what you like. Be sure they are whey isolate proteins, as they are absorbed best. 

Then for powders, order samples from Vitalady and see what you like best. Then you can buy larger quantities. I have found taste changes several times, so do not over stock on any one thing !

HTH

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Twi light
on 10/9/11 11:54 am - NY
i like Designer Whey vanilla, but it is really "mild"tasting but that is my preference, it has a clean mild vanilla flavor and not a lot of protein flavor