shiritaki WORMS!!!

jenflock
on 10/9/11 2:10 am - TN
Ok so I was loving the idea of shiritaki noodles. I was convinced that hungry girl couldn't be wrong. Well, ate some yesterday after hunting for weeks to find some and am pretty sure they are ALIVE!! I could actually feel them wiggling around in my tummy and I was sick all day yesterday due to them.  I would rather weigh 800lbs than EVER eat them again!!! and yep I prepped them correctly.  They didn't taste bad but after they were down there.. I felt like I was starring in a movie about eating aliens that wanted to BURST from your guts. NEVER AGAIN!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!! 

dustydeer
on 10/9/11 2:12 am
There are a lot of things that Hungry Girl eats that I would swear I would have to be stranded on an island to eat....much less "hungry."

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Julie R.
on 10/9/11 2:35 am - Ludington, MI
 LOL - your description cracked me up.   Funny thing is, I just ate Shiritaki noodles yesterday too....I used them in place of Ramen noodles in a ramen soup - with shrimp and chinese veggies.   I experienced no such "wormy" feeling, however, thank GOODNESS!    Now, though, I will forever have your vision of wiggling worms in my head when I eat them, and I think you kinda ruined the joy for me.   

Did you get the tofu kind?  That's what I had.

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/9/11 4:55 am
Hey Jen,

Were they the really firm/rubbery shiritaki or were they the shirataki/tofu blend noodles? The ones with tofu are much softer, easier to eat. The firm ones without the tofu in them were really hard for me to eat, I was just wondering if those were the same ones that made you sick. I had better luck with the tofu blend noodles.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

no_more_rolls
on 10/9/11 6:30 am - Jackson, MI
 OMG...I hope I will get the thought of worms out of my head before I eat them again!  LOL

All joking aside, what brand did you try?  I usually buy the NOoodle brand and love them!  NOoodle also makes a rositto that is kind of like rice that is pretty good.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Julie R.
on 10/9/11 11:47 am - Ludington, MI
Where do you get the NOoodle brand?   Once in a while I can find the tofu shiritaki worms..err.. I mean noodles up here at Meijer in Ludington, but it's sporadic.   I'm heading down to Ann Arbor next weekend, so if you know where I can buy that brand, I'll get some.

April M.
on 10/9/11 3:06 pm - MI
Julie,
   My Meijer here in Jackson carries the NOoodle brand in their health food section (think with all the gluten free products), and the Polly's County Market in Saline carried them last time I looked, BUT that was over a year ago. Hmmm... what are you planning in Ann Arbor and might you be free to meet up? My parents live in Saline and DH, the baby and I are there almost every weekend....

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Julie R.
on 10/9/11 9:24 pm - Ludington, MI
Unfortunately - this weekend I don't think we're going to have time.   I have an appointment at U of M on Hospital early Monday morning.....we are coming in late Saturday evening, and then Sunday is going to be taken up with lots of family activities (I'm from Grosse Ile, my parents live in Dearborn, my older daughter is on Grosse Ile and my youngest goes to Wayne State).    I have a feeling I will be going back and forth a bit more than usual, and I'll probably be down for the long weekend over Thanksgiving.  I'm really interested in getting together with you though!

April M.
on 10/10/11 3:37 am - MI
Sound like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you! Enjoy your family time, have lots of fun with your loved ones. I'm sure we'll manage to get together eventually!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

no_more_rolls
on 10/10/11 4:32 am - Jackson, MI
Hey April, 

If you and/or Julie ever do have time to meet up I am only minutes from Saline.  I would love to meet for lunch or something!

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"