How much protein do we need?

Emily F.
on 10/8/11 11:48 pm
On October 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
4 one scoop protein cake shakes 25 each =  100

6 oz sirloin steak = 50

So I don't even have to count the bacon and eggs, cheese I snack on, almonds, or any of the rest.

A great place to hang out is the Bites and Vites thread.  I highly recommend reading AND posting to it during your weight loss phase. 

~Becky
 Becky, What pancake mix do you use? I thought you were gluten intolerate or something? I have no intolerances but that shake cake bothers my stomach, I was using regular pancake mix. 
beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 12:39 am - AL
Pancake mix?  ??

Not in a cake shake.  You use baking powder but nothing with wheat gluten in it.

~Becky

Emily F.
on 10/9/11 12:41 am
On October 9, 2011 at 7:39 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
Pancake mix?  ??

Not in a cake shake.  You use baking powder but nothing with wheat gluten in it.

~Becky
 oh my! This whole I thought you guys were talking about the protein cake in the microwave. I haven't tried this one! Thanks.
beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 12:46 am - AL
We are (have been) talking about the cake shake for the microwave.  This is KaylaB's recipe that I share a zillion times a week because I obsess over it.

I drank shakes but the only ones I liked were Chike which gets pretty expensive if you do 4 a day or more like I do.  The cake shake I make with less expensvie protein powder PLUS I freakn' love it.

What recipe calls for pancake mix, just out of curiousity?

~Becky

Emily F.
on 10/9/11 1:05 am
On October 9, 2011 at 7:46 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
We are (have been) talking about the cake shake for the microwave.  This is KaylaB's recipe that I share a zillion times a week because I obsess over it.

I drank shakes but the only ones I liked were Chike which gets pretty expensive if you do 4 a day or more like I do.  The cake shake I make with less expensvie protein powder PLUS I freakn' love it.

What recipe calls for pancake mix, just out of curiousity?

~Becky
 Shelly's Peaches & Cream 5 Minute Protein Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla Torani Syrup
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil 
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix (I use this)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Peach Jello Powder, dry
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
Pinch salt
dash of Cinnamon
1 - 2 cup Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/04/that-takes-cake.html

I did chocolate jello and chocolate protein, no fruit. Then poured half and half over it while it was hot.

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 1:21 am - AL
I've not seen that recipe before.  I cna't do milk or pancake mix so I can't do it.  But maybe other people would like to try that one.

Have you tried KaylaB's?  It would be interesting to see a comparitive reveiw!!

~Becky

Emily F.
on 10/9/11 1:29 am
On October 9, 2011 at 8:21 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
I've not seen that recipe before.  I cna't do milk or pancake mix so I can't do it.  But maybe other people would like to try that one.

Have you tried KaylaB's?  It would be interesting to see a comparitive reveiw!!

~Becky
 I'm definitely going to try it. The pancake mix bothered my stomach so I'm glad to see a variation.
Emily F.
on 10/8/11 11:49 pm
On October 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM Pacific Time, pk****ch wrote:
Can some of you vets give examples of what you eat (including protein drinks) to get in 130 to 150g of protein a day?
 I do 3 double scoop protein shakes for 150g plus food. I basically eat half servings of regular food. If you want to friend me on myfitnesspal, a lot of us log our food.
dustydeer
on 10/9/11 12:22 am
I drink 60-120 g a day in shakes.

I eat all day long for a total of another 60-90. That's a requirement for my DS. I have to go to my Dr, have my blood checked and get results. I cannot depend on a forum to tell me how much protein my body needs.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/11 12:48 am - AL
You may not depend on this forum for advice about how much protein you need but if I depended on my surgeon's NUT I would be getting 75 grams of protein a day. 

~Becky