I buried a friend last week.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 1:39 am
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thank you for this post!

Michele
buffalobillsfan
on 10/9/11 1:56 am - CA
I would also like to add "...There is such a thing as not having enough income/money or time to support a post-op life".  It isn't always cheap to buy all of the supplements and protein drinks you need to live.  There also may be extra time commitements when you need iron infusions or extra doctor's appts (don't forget those copays) or possible hospital admissions when complications arise. 

Thanks for posting this and I, too, am sorry for your loss. 

Best,
Cathy

Elizabeth N.
on 10/9/11 5:44 am - Burlington County, NJ
YES!!!! There is NO "set it and forget it" surgery. There is NO magic. You will have to invest FOREVER in your health. If this seems too daunting, don't bother with WLS, or work yourself into a better situation. Hey, marry money, win the lottery, whatever you have to do. But PROTECT YOURSELF.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/9/11 4:20 am
EN, my condolances to you and your friend's family.

It is a heart breaking story to read, but it needs to be told. Thank for cross posting this in the MF too, I hope a lot of pre-ops, and post-ops for that matter, read it and begin to reflect on themselves.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

kirmy
on 10/9/11 8:51 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Sweetheart.....

I'm so sorry. x

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Imissthe80s
on 10/10/11 1:19 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
EN- you've given me a lot to think about here, and I'm glad you did.

cajungirl
on 10/10/11 1:19 am
((((Elizabeth))))

Excellent post BTW.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kim S.
on 10/10/11 5:33 am - Helena, AL
I am so sorry for your loss.  Thanks for posting this.  Yes, it will hurt some, but it just might save a few too. 

You are a brilliant person and such a great resource on these boards.

Kim

CharleeG
on 10/10/11 6:34 am - Jonesboro, AR
So sad, mainly because it didn't have to happen that way. *hugs* I'm sorry you lost your friend.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/10/11 9:07 am
(HUGS)... sorry to hear about your loss...

I read that and worry about my friend. I am worry that one day I will be in the same position.
I do try to help and advise her, but as many other people, she is an adult and some times she choses to listen to her PCP and follow his advice.  His advice is easier to follow.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."