Lab Results at 3 weeks out...

kramer5
on 10/8/11 10:09 am - Washington, KS
Hey everyone, would you mind walking me through my first set of labs after surgery?  These were drawn three weeks after surgery and I hadn't started any vitamins yet (it was the fall health fair) and the ones that are bolded are out of range:

LIPID PANEL                                   NORMAL RANGE
Cholesterol, Total          203         125-200
HDL Cholesterol             28           >46
Triglycerides                   378         
Dawn

* Gail R *
on 10/8/11 10:29 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I don't think these three tests reflect vitamin useage.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

kramer5
on 10/8/11 10:39 am - Washington, KS
You're correct...these were just the ones that were done at the health fair and I figured at 3 weeks out I wouldn't get a good read on the vitamin ones anyways (plus they didn't offer them).  I just wanted to see if everything looked okay like hemoglobin, wbc, rbc, anything else that might be useful from this lab report.
Dawn

Twi light
on 10/8/11 11:33 am - NY
On October 8, 2011 at 5:39 PM Pacific Time, kramer5 wrote:
You're correct...these were just the ones that were done at the health fair and I figured at 3 weeks out I wouldn't get a good read on the vitamin ones anyways (plus they didn't offer them).  I just wanted to see if everything looked okay like hemoglobin, wbc, rbc, anything else that might be useful from this lab report.
your original post only shows cholesterol

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/8/11 10:46 am - Tuvalu

You weren't fasting, right?

kramer5
on 10/8/11 6:06 pm - Washington, KS
I was supposed to fast for 12 hours but I forgot and only fasted for 8 and I had Gatorade which of course I no longer drink.  I think that's why my glucose level was high.
Dawn

Emily F.
on 10/8/11 11:30 am
need to exercise
kramer5
on 10/8/11 6:07 pm - Washington, KS
I'm only 4 weeks out so I'm not cleared to exercise for another 2 weeks (especially since we're still working on curing the staph in a couple of incisions) but after that I'm definitely going to start.
Dawn

Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/11 11:53 am - Burlington County, NJ
Meaningless at this time. Forget about them and move on.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/8/11 12:27 pm - Tuvalu

I just noticed the three weeks part...I thought you were further out.

Like EN says...ignore them.  And the "good ones," too.