Didn't like the shake cake...

kramer5
on 10/7/11 9:24 am - Washington, KS
and I don't like protein drinks and I don't like coffee so protein coffee's are out.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

I know that the reason I don't like the protein drinks/shakes is the milk. I hate, hate, hate milk/soy milk and I can't gag it down.

I tried a protein shot drink after my surgery and it tasted like cough syrup so didn't like that either.

I remind myself of that commercial with all the kids who don't like all the different foods (love the little boy that says whatever tastes like "dirty socks").

Any ideas would be very welcomed!
Dawn

Twi light
on 10/7/11 9:37 am - NY
syntrax nectar fuzzy navel or other flavors.

Fruit flavored protein, pretty good too.

April M.
on 10/7/11 9:42 am - MI
Syntrax nectar kiwi strawberry is my personal favorite... but beware, it still has that "whey" taste. I haven't tried it yet, but GNC sells a carbonated (lightly) protein beverage that some people love, but it is expensive. It's called Xapp. Good luck!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

beemerbeeper
on 10/7/11 9:56 am - AL
I can't imagine anyone not LOVING a cake shake.  Chocolate cake with no whey taste?  You might want to experiment a bit more with it before you put it in the same group with all the other protein you don't like.

And at some point, if you really can't find a protein that you can do, you may have to follow the advice I heard at the dinner table when I was growing up:

"There's no requirement to like it, just eat it."

~Becky

MARTINA P.
on 10/7/11 10:08 am - ROCKMART, GA
 what is cake shake
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

kramer5
on 10/7/11 10:23 am - Washington, KS
I'm starting to think it may be my protein powder that I don't like.  I thought the cake shake tasted just like my protein powder but with other stuff trying to cover it up (but not succeding).

I'm using Next Level Nutrition Lean Pro Matrix Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.  It's just so protein powder flavored.  I'm thinking about ordering some samples from VitaLady to try out.

I used to drink a smoothie in the mornings, when I had my lapband, that was frozen fruit, protein powder, milk, and yogurt.  I loved it but I was using a different protein powder that I can't find anymore.

Do you think the fruit would be too high in sugars to add to my diet right now?
Dawn

beemerbeeper
on 10/7/11 10:28 am - AL
Not only yes but hell yes (about the fruit).

When I was early out I only like Chike Chocolate protein powder made with nearly frozen water.

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 10:11 am - Burlington County, NJ
Isopure and Designer Whey both make clear whey protein ready to drink beverages that are kinda sorta punch-like.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 10:25 am
Isopure was the only thing I could tolerate at first - unflavored.  Then the fuzzy nectars. I've slowly moved up to protein coffee, but there are some mornings that I can't stand the texture (thickness).

Good luck!

Hugs,
Ratkity
lisarn
on 10/7/11 10:25 am - Omaha, NE
I mix my protein with water instead of milk. I would rather not have the extra carbs from the milk and I can make up whatever protein that was in the milk with an extra 1/2 scoop of protein mix, or some cheese or an extra piece of bacon. 
I love milk, but have not had a protein shake with milk. I mix 4-6 oz of water with 1 1/2 scoops of protein mix, and then put in about 4-6 ice cubes and shake up in my blender bottle.
I have also put this mix in a blender too.
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)