2 year surgiversary.. GOAL!!!!! w/ pics

oola123083
on 10/7/11 9:12 am

I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude. 2 years ago I had my DS, 9 months ago I started my long journey into plastic surgery, and 1 month ago I reached my weight goal!!!!

Here's the highlight reel:

I can comfortably cross my legs in even the tiniest airplane seat

I exercise daily... and LOVE it!! (weird)

I wear those nauseatingly tight workout clothes, and feel great in them

I can not wait to try new things, instead of obsessing about what I will not be able to do, or how fat an activity might make me feel

I love to wear dresses!! 

I am a kinder person and more giving of myself... I found I had so much more positive energy to spread around when I stopped wasting time worrying about how the world saw me and what they thought 

My family says I look happy... and they are right

I can eat what I want, and DO eat whatever I want. I never feel deprived. However, I have developed an inherent knowledge of what is actually good for me and what my body needs as opposed to what my mouth wants... and miracle of all miracles, I actually live by this!

I do not feel like a whole new person... I finally feel like I am allowed to be myself.

I have learned to cook, and more importantly, I have learned to LOVE cooking!

I date and make friendships with a discerning eye

I have inspired ALL of my overweight friends to get surgery (via attraction as opposed to promotion)

I can outrun my dog 

I do the football stadium stairs for fun

I am healthy. No complications, no deficiencies, no co-morbidities. I am taking an active role in being responsible for my own health as opposed to just residing in a body.

This has been a blessing and I am so greatful to all of you for providing that element of additional support and education throughout the process. I have learned so much from this forum!!!

Now for the pics: this was my favorite part as a pre-op 

Here I am with my best friend three years ago, at my heaviest! 

Here is my one year mark and the morning of my first ever half marathon

Here I am at two years out of surgery, finally at goal!! a 'normai' on the BMI chart!!! in two years, that is so much more than i had even hoped for. 

Here I am after plastics.. 

GOOD LUCK to everybody out there who is considering this path. I wouldnt take it back for anything!!!! 

3.5 years out--  I am 5'10", 29 years old  

HW: 345,  SW: 320,  GW: 180,  CW: 172 ............... NEW GW: 165

teachmid
on 10/7/11 9:34 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your success. Pictures are beautiful!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Jennifer D.
on 10/7/11 10:03 am
You did an excellent job losing the weight. May I ask what size implants you had?
oola123083
on 10/7/11 10:07 am
Thank you!! I actually didnt have any implants, just a breast lift. Needed some help in the firmness department, lol. I ended up at about a D though after it was all said and done

Jennifer D.
on 10/7/11 10:16 am
Oh wow, it looks like a big change from the pic with shorts and black shirt. I was going to ask if that changed your clothing size but I guess not?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
oola123083
on 10/7/11 10:23 am
I went from around a 12/14 before plastics to an 8. My bra size got smaller too... i think the reason they might look different is that when you get a lift the Dr does a good amout of 'over-correcting'. Basically they pin the breasts up as high as possible knowing they will sink again, so they look big simply because they are so high... since those pics were taken they have settled back into a more natural look. Also, youre not allowed to wear a bra for a while, and my previous 'sports bra look' did a good amount of flattening. :)

oola123083
on 10/7/11 10:26 am
 haha, oh yea... and in the pic with the run dmc t-shirt my boobs were still probably hanging out somewhere around my belly button.. or lower :)

airbender
on 10/7/11 11:02 am
you look great, congrats to you
gak
on 10/7/11 1:43 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Congrats ! You look fabulous. Very jealous of your hot looking legs ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Diane Davis
on 10/7/11 3:36 pm
Beautiful!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!