Strange new "addiction"

MomToTeens
on 10/8/11 5:40 am - OH
I spend WAAYYY too much in grocery stores and the grocery section of Walmart and Meijer!  I run in for one or two things, and I start to "just look".  I'm always looking for something new and different that has high protein and low carb.  It's almost become an obsession!  Oh, and my family has insisted I being a cheese moratorium, as the meat/cheese drawer in my fridge nearly doesn't close anymore!

I guess I'm afraid that I'll get bored with the same old stuff, or I'll run out of high protein/low carb stuff and resort to crappy choices.

Today I ran into Walmart to get cleaning supplies to do some heavy duty housecleaning.  Well, yes, 2 hours and $137 later,  I got the supplies, but I came out with half a cart full of yummy grocery things!  Lucky for me, my family likes to eat similarly to the way I do (I just add carb sides or bread to the menu for them) so nothing goes to waste.  But geesh!!

"My name is Susan, and I'm a grocery store addict"!  I guess there are worse things!!
Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

MajorMom
on 10/8/11 6:23 am - VA
I could easily go this route. My DH decided I should make a list and let him go buy groceries one day a week. Finally got everyone in the house eating like me, even a daily protein shakes, so we're pretty boring and have a decent grocery bill.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MARTINA P.
on 10/8/11 7:16 am - ROCKMART, GA
 LOL I have the same problem if I go to the Grocery store.  My husband do majority of the shopping right now because, I will stay in the store for hours.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/8/11 7:40 am - Sedona, AZ
welcome to the club !

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

teachmid
on 10/8/11 8:20 am - OKC, OK
Me too, me too. DH can't and won't do the shopping; it gives him an anxiety attack . LOL.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 10/8/11 8:54 am - Ludington, MI
 Oh man - this is so me, too.
I just got back from Walmart - they had thick sliced peppered bacon on sale, Smithfield thick cut on sale, and artisan sausages on sale.    I went there for toilet bowl cleaner and came out $82 later.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Jennifer D.
on 10/8/11 9:31 am
Susan, what are some of your favourite things and what about the newer items you've been purchasing?
MomToTeens
on 10/8/11 3:45 pm - OH
Glad to find out I'm not alone!

Jennifer, I obviously love cheese.  Cheese of all kinds.  I also buy hard salami, precooked hamburger patties, sausage crumbles, egg salad, pimiento spread, beef jerky, summer sausage, Budding thin sliced meat (great as a rollup with cream cheese and claussen pickles!)

These are a few of my favorite things (ok, feeling a bit like Julie Andrews now....)

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

dustydeer
on 10/9/11 12:34 am
I am a foodie and find it's much less expensive to read food blogs on the internet ;)

I generally eat the same proteins but spend the money on different seasonings and condiments. My fridge is a horror when it comes to sauces, dressings, and condiments.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/9/11 5:09 am
Your fridge and my fridge are probably twins separated at birth. All of my door shelves are BUSTING with condiments, too... Ketchup, 3 kinds of mustard (frenchs', djion and whole grain dijon), oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, helmans mayo and kewpie mayo, dill relish, capers, bbq sauce, tomato paste and anchovy paste in a tube, olives, pickles, sriracha, franks hot sauce, habanero sauce, choloula, sour cream, pickled ginger, wasabi, miso paste, kimchi, greek yogurt, dolmas, tahini, booze for cooking (shaoxing, sake, dry sherry, cognac), hummus, BUTTER, cream cheese, etc, etc. etc...
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com