The scale is moving again after a long 4 month stall! So Happy!

sweetdew
on 10/7/11 4:41 am - CA
Just checking in to say that the scale is finally moving again after an almost 4 month stall of not losing 1 lb.

I do need to say say that I changed a few things around for ME. I know we are all different and different things work for different people. But this is what I changed that seemed to work.

I was not eating sugar in abundance, however, I had started "chipping" a little. I GAVE UP SUGAR completely since  October 1st. I am not saying forever, just till I get to goal and then I can re-assess possibly eating it moderately.

I used to eat late, sometimes right up to bed time. That does not work for me. Now I don't eat at least 3-4 hours before bedtime and that has made a world of a difference. If i get hungry, I drink a cup of tea or diet soda or a protein drink. Maybe some cheese or something, but nothing big or heavy.

Its been working, so i am going to keep doing it.

Again, some of us can just do almost anything and it works for them ,but I am most definitely one of the DS'ers here who needs to be SUPER conscious about what i am eating and doing. I am sure my stats are also due to being a revision x 2, my age (52) and my genetic history.  All that being said, I am losing again, I am HAPPY, and wanted to share it! I feel so much better since making these changes and it's working.

I do eat some carbs, but i try to limit them and make them healthy ones.

Shireen

P.S. Last night i did my FIRST work out in my daughters dance/workout class for an hour straight! It was awesome and KICKED MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!

This is me and my ARSE in FULL VIEW and motion. NO clothing camouflage here. LOL...

My daughter in the front kneeling down, her husband beside me in the back. It really was fun but I was a complete dufas!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

teachmid
on 10/7/11 4:54 am - OKC, OK
I'm so happy for you, Shireen!!!!!! I gave myself a "talking to" yesterday and again today because I have to buckle down and lose at least 10 more.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sweetdew
on 10/7/11 4:58 am - CA
Yup, but WE will do it Gail! WE will. You have inspired me to kick my own ass as when you started passing me!!!!!!!!!!! Lol.. Well I just could not have that!

I am going to catch up to you baby!
Sweetdew

sosoclark
on 10/7/11 5:10 am - Sacramento, CA
Go ahead Sexy!!!!!!!! I'm trying to catch up to you!!!! I am so glad the scale is moving for you too. You are right we are all different and what works for one might not work for another. I notice that when I went to low carb the scale wouldn't move at all I had to add in a few whole wheat items and its moving may 2 to 4 pounds per month now and I am cool with that. Being a revision it is slow but I love my DS and the smelly farts (runs the kids away when needed)!!!! LOL. Anyway I am so happy for ya and keep up the good work.

Love ya

Sophia
sweetdew
on 10/7/11 5:15 am - CA
Sophia,

STFU! Lol.... Let's NOT start talking about SMELLY FARTS OK???? OMG! OMG! OMG!

I love you too sister! and yes, my average (when i am in losing mode) seems to be about 3-6 lbs a month. We shall see how this month goes.

We are revisions, we are older (well I am )   but I love my DS too!

Love you! oxoxoxo
Sweetdew

sosoclark
on 10/7/11 5:18 am - Sacramento, CA
Love you new avatar!!! You look so tiny!!!! 

sweetdew
on 10/7/11 5:22 am - CA
It's the way the picture turned out! Really! Its kind of stretched down so it makes me look long. I could not fix it to look normal. Hugs my sweet sister. I get to see you soon right? Decmeber?
Sweetdew

sosoclark
on 10/7/11 5:25 am - Sacramento, CA
Yes!!!! One year is coming fast. Have you made your appointment yet? I am thinking on the 12th or the 13th of December... is that good for you? 

sweetdew
on 10/7/11 5:43 am - CA
Yes, those dates do work for me right now.  So if you do it, let me know so i will schedule it also. Maybe Gail can schedule it on the same date too and we can all do breakfast, lunch or something together?

How fun!
Sweetdew

teachmid
on 10/7/11 7:34 am - OKC, OK
They may work for me too. I loved that place we had breakfast, Shireen.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165