Can someone that understands...

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 1:52 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
explain the shrinking vs slippery liver concept to this young mother please ?

She has been instructed to do the skim milk diet for four weeks and I've already seen some you tell her that it's not a healthy thing to do, bit I haven't seen anyone explain to her the low carb/slippery liver stuff yet.

I would, but I really wouldn't know how to.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4457607/LAST-BITE-OF-FOOD-FO R-6-8-WEEKS-advice/

beemerbeeper
on 10/6/11 5:27 am - AL
Talk about wasting your breath.  I'm done talking to that one.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 9:15 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
It appears that she has gone and stuck her head in the sand. I guess some obese people are destined to "go with the flow", rather then rock the boat and advocate for themselves.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 10:41 am
Critical thinking is not strong in some, can't save them all..
prettypixels
on 10/6/11 8:02 am
I threw my voice in to the mix. I just cannot believe anyone would hear "4 weeks of skim milk," and think "YES!!!" Like that makes total sense!

What other people has she talked to that do this? Is this actually a common thing for RNY surgeons to tell patients?
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 8:51 am
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 9:05 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I have never heard of the milk diet and it sounds like that surgeon is dangerously stupid.
LuckyLibrarian
on 10/6/11 9:23 am - Plumerville, AR
Why would you post this diet, ask for advice, and then totally discount and poo-poo all replies? bananas.
ModestoK
on 10/6/11 9:45 am, edited 10/5/11 9:49 pm
Smirk - now I have heard of the Skim milk AND Bananas diet.
I think there may have also been a hot dog involved. Or that might have been yet another crash diet I tried - I think it also let you have vanilla ice cream. I think the hot dog/ ice cream one was allegedly from a heart doctor in Tennessee.

Talk about the crazy things we have done to lose weight!
Thank the Gods for the DS!

Kim
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 10:16 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
head in sa