Im confused! Help!

dtabor5
on 10/6/11 5:37 am
hey, I love in Conyers, ga!!!! I am sure that there are options out there just don't try to fake it make sure!!! trying to go it alone will drive you crazy and I am not sure it is something you need to do alone you need support.... what school does she go to?

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/5/11 4:52 pm - Sedona, AZ
don't be in a rush! If you think you might even consider the RNY you haven't read enough here. You could easily gain it all back with that sugery unless you diet your whole life. You do want the DS instead and you are right the VSG just isnt enough in most cases. You can find a way to get it done right if you work on it. . .do alot more reading here. Becky put up some very good links for pre-ops so start reading them all. Don't settle for somethingt you don't want. Think twice - cut once!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

dustydeer
on 10/5/11 8:59 pm
Yes that is crazy lala land.

But, you are headed in the right direction. You know what you do not want. You are researching and using that God given brain and I have faith that you will find a way. Dig deep, slow down and work it out.

I'll pray that your childcare options open up for you. How exciting is this? You are a smart woman who asked the right questions.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

Elizabeth N.
on 10/5/11 11:14 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, you are in crazy lala land. No, there is no "custom option."

If you can't figure out how to travel and have your kids in a good place, then you either DO NOT GET A DS or you wait until you can work it out. Or you get a different procedure, which I do not recommend.

That's the bottom line. If you want to try to squirm around that bottom line to get something resembling a DS from someone who does not do them, or if you go to that f-ing butcher Juarez, it's on your own head. Smart people look at evidence and good advice from experienced people when it's their lives on the line.

beemerbeeper
on 10/6/11 12:54 am - AL
If you have family near Atlanta check out Smith.  Great, great surgeon.  Yucky follow-up but you wouldn't be using it anyway since you live too far away (like me).

He does have some out-of-pocket expenses.

He has a lot on his website:  www.advancedobesitysurgery.com/

And you should only have to travel to Atlanta once.  A few days pre-op and then you have to stay in the area until your one week post-op checkup.

~Becky

orangecrushed
on 10/6/11 1:41 am - Triad, NC
Not sure where in SC your family is, but there's Dr. Sudan in Durham, NC.  It's a bit of a drive, but at least there's no flight, and there are hotels around the hospital that give a discounted rate to family members who are staying there.

As others have noted, there's a big difference in doing sleeves, bands, RNYs, and doing a DS.  It's a much more complicated surgery, and you want to go to someone who is proven and skilled.

Best of luck to you!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 2:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
I contacted the doctor in Marietta GA from DSfacts.com. Insurance will pay I just have to have all my pre-op work done here, which is what I was in the process of doing. So hopefully things will be smooth sailing.
DeniseATL
on 10/6/11 4:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey I am in Atlanta.  If you need help I will help you.  I know people who have used Maynard and Smith.  I used Dr. Chasen who is now in Honolulu.  I was his 7th DS patient and he was a wonderful doctor.  I prayed on it and I knew he would do a great job and he did.  This was just my doctor.  I can not speak on anyone slse.  Contact me and come to the GA Board!  Blessings to you! You can do this!

twodelight
on 10/6/11 6:31 am - Atlanta, GA
Dr. Maynard did my surgery and he is EXCELLENT. He is very personable, friendly, intelligent, loves his patient, loves what he does. I am one year post op and I have lost 133 lbs. I had my one year follow up with him today and it was great. All my labs are in order and I am doing just fine. Give him a try and tell them I sent ya (Della Stephens). You won't be disappointed.
smileyjamie72
on 10/6/11 6:52 am - Palmer, AK

Tiffany,

Look at DSFacts.com:

http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html#ut

Utah

Steven C. Simper, MD, FACS *
Rocky Mountain Associated Physicians
1160 E. 3900 S., Suite 4100
Salt Lake City, UT 84124
Phone: 801-268-3800 or 1-800-999-9970 toll free

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011