Who owns a deep fryer?

ghkan
on 10/4/11 10:42 pm - Comstock Park, MI
 I'm wondering if I should purchase a deep fryer....I've been craving anything and everything deep fried lately.  Do you own one, if so, what kind?  Also, what kind of foods do you deep fry?  I almost ran out yesterday and bought one but I would like some input from the "pros"!

Thanks!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 2:45 am - Saint Louis, MO
I've been thinking about asking for one for my birthday.  I want one of the fancy Emeril ones with an oil filter.  My parents really enjoy their fry baby and they made some delicious popcorn shrimp for me using theirs!
stillhopefull
on 10/5/11 3:20 am
I have been looking at the Emeril one also.  Wish I knew someone who had one so I could find out if it is as good as it sounds.  Everything is better if it is fried IMHO.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
tonkasmom
on 10/5/11 3:46 am - Paradise, CA
I own one.  Mine is a Cooks Essential one from QVC.  I have had it for about 6 years now and use it often.  Love it.  My husband usually fries french fries in it.  He has made his own sweet potatoe fries in it as well. 

Donna

HW 370
SW 337/CW 160/GW 159

~ Mar ~
on 10/5/11 5:58 am - San Antonio, TX
I own a small one which I love. It's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CDF-100-Compact-1-1-Liter-St ainless/dp/B000EU68MU/ref=sr_1_13?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1317 843931&sr=1-13

I like to fry french fries in it, and tortilla chips as well. I've done corn dogs and cheese on a stick too (made from scratch- they were awesome!). Another thing that is great... not so great for DS'ers, but my family loves them too are donuts. I just buy the biscuits in a can. Make holes in the middle and throw them in the deep fryer. Once out I cover them in sugar or glaze.

The only down side about this fryer is that it's too small to make big pieces of chicken or something like that. You can only make small things. But it doesn't take too much counter space so that is a plus.

Enjoy your deep fryer, which ever one you decide to get!

~Mar~

ghkan
on 10/5/11 12:32 pm - Comstock Park, MI
 Thanks for the ideas, I'm thinking I may get a large capacity fryer, I love fried chicken!  
yorkieGal
on 10/5/11 11:02 pm - Clermont, FL
HI, I own one. I make deep fried mac n cheese squares all the time. I make some mac n cheese in the oven so its pretty firm and then refrigerate it over night. Then I cut it into chunks and dep fry it, dip it in ranch or marinara whatever ....it disappears at parties everytime and we love it on movie or game night.

I deep fry thick zucchini slices and dip them in hummous and chunks of chorizo ( had this is spain and it was so good).

I have also flash fried triangles of low carb tortilla and sprinkled with popcorn seasoning as soon as it comes out..I like the spicy nacho. Its also good with cinnamon and splenda mix.

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 12:19 am