When to start worrying about carbs?

pktwatch
on 10/5/11 1:53 pm
On October 5, 2011 at 8:41 PM Pacific Time, Twi light wrote:
On October 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM Pacific Time, pk****ch wrote:
I can't imagine eating a cup of soup at one month out. I am 2 weeks out today and eating one ounce of protein and then another ounce of vegs or fruit. I haven't tried eating any more than that and somtimes the 2oz feels like it's to much AND I was a big eater before the DS!
It would be better for you and help you heal faster if instead of eating another ounce of veg or fruit you ate another ounce of protein. Protein helps you heal, if you have space, eat protein.
Thanks, I'll take that advice!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 10:01 am
I wish I had been more strict on my carbs early out. I'm a total carb addict and am working on fixing that, but yes...low carbing is in your best interest. Buy PLAIN greek yogurt and put a packet of sweet n low in it to make it yummy....Gatorade zero is good to help get your fluids in, but I drank a lot of crystal light....sugar free and tastes yummy. Good luck! It helps to track your carb intake on myfitnesspal.com too.
fullhousemom
on 10/18/11 11:13 am
I've only been home for 3 days and I cant thank everyone enough for this question and great responses. My question is, at 50 grams of carbs (my REAL goal is the protein), do you feel that you have lots of energy? I've been eating yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, and bananas. Only water to drink...lots. I am resting a lot, but concerned about a lack of energy in two weeks or so if I don't add some more carbs soon.
teachmid
on 10/18/11 11:40 am - OKC, OK
The lack of energy is because you just had major surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165