When to start worrying about carbs?

kramer5
on 10/5/11 2:11 am - Washington, KS
Cizole 20 mg capsules.  This was given to me in Mexico by my surgeon and has the same ingredients as Prilosec which I was planning on switching to when I was done with these.

Any thoughts?
Dawn

Twi light
on 10/5/11 1:37 pm - NY
Crystal is the devil for me. Why dont you try Syntrax Nectar to mix with your drinks instead of crystal light, then you get flavor and protein- i tried these today and they are not bad.

Why dont you do lower carb mushies? why potatoes and stuff?

kramer5
on 10/4/11 8:02 am - Washington, KS
I love, love, love hot tea and I spend tons of money at a tea place in the mall (I can't remember the name because I'm probably blocking it due to all the money I spend there).  I love blending the teas to make unique flavors and they've always helped settle my stomach in the past.  For whatever reason I forgot about them after surgery and just brewed some after posting this.  I can't tell you how much better my stomach feels with some hot tea. 

Dawn

neacres100
on 10/7/11 10:58 am - NJ
Fresh brewed ginger tea helped me with my sensitive stomach the first few months.  I would buy fresh ginger root, peel it, chop it up some, and put it in a pot with about a quart of rapidly boiling water.  let it steep, and drank that several times a day.  This was my saving grace.  my burbing acid came to a halt. 

I also mixed this with green tea.  tastes great to me.  :)

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
beemerbeeper
on 10/4/11 8:35 am - AL
I started from day one.  I guess I fall in the carb nazi camp and not the protein first whatever you want after you get your protein in camp.

I found that carbs gave me gas and bloating anyway.

I would drink water instead of fluids with carbs in them for sure.

Instead of potato soup I would opt for chicken soup or cheese soup.  Or Mexican cheese sauce.

But everyone has to find their own way.

~Becky

Emily F.
on 10/4/11 10:10 am
Yes, I would be worried about them. Get rid of the gatorade, g2 if you have to and no potato soup or mashed potato. Maybe there are people that lose eating that many carbs but I'm not one that would.
Julie R.
on 10/4/11 10:44 am - Ludington, MI
 Yes, I would be worried about them, especially the liquid sugar you're drinking.    You are absorbing 100% of every calorie that's listed on the back of those bottles.  I really don't know why you decided to drink those when there are so many other beverage options out there?

Many cream soups gave me gas, because flour is often added to them to thicken the soups - so yeah, it's pretty understandable that that (or all of the full-sugar beverages) would be giving you gas.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

no_more_rolls
on 10/4/11 11:37 am - Jackson, MI
I also fall victim to the carb police and keep my carbs between 30 and 50 a day...usually closer to 30.  If you are looking for something else to drink besides Crystal Light and Gatorade, I suggest looking for the flavored bottled waters.  I don't see it at every grocery store I go to, so you may have to look for it.  They are carb free and calorie free.  The flavors vary on the brand, but I haven't found one I dislike.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

lk1970
on 10/4/11 11:38 am
I stayed under 50 grams of carbs a day during my weight loss phase.... I'd stay away from liquid carbs entirely... sounds like you need to try your lovely teas!
Good luck!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Janet P.
on 10/4/11 11:06 pm, edited 10/4/11 11:14 pm
This is the honeymoon period and you need to take full advantage of it. The math is easy -- the less carbs (sugar) you consume the more weight you will lose and the more carbs (sugar) you comsume, the less weight you will lose. For the first 6 months or so 50 grams is a good target.

My advise is pick your carbs wisely. For me personally I never touch a sugary drink - wouldn't waste the carbs.

I drink crystal lite all the time - it would hard to get my fluids in if I didn't. Some people have adverse reactions to the aspertame.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny