For the Benefit of DS Newbies--Pls Photo ***** on This Thread

KellyJTn
on 10/4/11 11:19 am, edited 10/4/11 11:20 am - Oak Ridge, TN
no_more_rolls
on 10/4/11 12:12 pm - Jackson, MI
Wow, everyone looks great!  

I was thinking about posting some of my before and after pics...but I am not close to goal yet.  Yes, I've lost 100 pounds so far but I still have a long ways to go.  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

kristinrolly
on 10/4/11 12:23 pm - Orland Park, IL

Hi everyone!  I am the infamous newbie Nicolle is talking about.  She basically covered my story in 2-4 lines~ she is an awesome writer, I noticed!  And she is 100% spot on!  Have been overweight all my 35 yrs with $$ poured down the drain through Weigh****chers, Jenny Craig, diet pills, you name it....  I have lost, I have gained, I am Disgusted and need help!  And so begins the research.  I will be honest in saying that I never even heard of DS until Nicolle.  Several nurses on my unit have undergone lapband and bypass.  I just assumed Gastric Bypass was the big gun.  So needless to say, I am now exploring all my options Thank you to all who have already sent kind words of encouragement and Amazing pics!!!!  Wow!!!   And to Nicolle, for being my champion in this start to my WLS journey!!!!  I will see u Oct 17th~ come hell or high water..... or traffic :)
I just joined OH.com last night and am still exploring the site.  Any and all info regarding WLS would be wonderful.  Thanks again!!!!

ModestoK
on 10/4/11 12:24 pm, edited 10/4/11 12:32 pm
I'm going to try to play...

Before - March 2010 in New Orleans, LA.  Approximately 260 pounds / tight size 22 clothes.

I'm still losing, but here is me in August 2010 - 7.5 months after surgery and around 185 pounds/ size 12-14 clothes.

(Notice my boobs are most definately heading South!)
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 12:29 pm - Yorktown, VA
Me a few months before my DS.....

Me this past August......
ModestoK
on 10/4/11 12:45 pm
Yowza!  You are one hot mama!
I can't recall - have you had plastics?   You look amazing.
Kim
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 12:56 pm - Yorktown, VA
I had an LBL with butt aug in May.  Despite having removed close to 6 pounds of excess, I now still wear the same size clothing and weigh the same thing.....I guess my body likes this weight?  I don't know, but I'm not complaining!

If you want, you can see my before and after plastics pics (and other progress pics and such) on my profile.  They are all public.

And thanks for the compliment!  :)
sassyjonz
on 10/4/11 1:58 pm - Atlanta, GA
Here's my before...

And this was taken last month...

I'm feeling great and very grateful for my
DS.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 2:04 pm
My wife and I have both had DS.  I'll PW for both of us. . .

Me at my heaviest:

Tracy preop:

The two of us preop:

Before Tracy's surgery (about a half year after mine -- I didn't cut my hair until I dropped below 200 lbs):

Now:

We love our DS's!

Terri B.
on 10/4/11 11:40 pm, edited 10/4/11 11:42 pm - St. Louis, MO

Before Weight Loss

Photobucket

Living well is the best revenge