Two Topics: Probiotic and Fish(pics)

scoob
on 10/4/11 1:59 am, edited 10/4/11 2:07 am - Somerset, KY
First, with elmination of white flour and adding this wonderful probiotic I have control over horrid gas and bloating. I also have regular bowel movements. I tried many others and this one has been the best. It has 3 billion cultures in one capsule. I take one a each morning and my family loves me for it! It cost 19.99 at Walgreen's for 60 count.

Now for a yummy dinner I have stumbled across trying to find a fish I like. This has a very MILD flavor. It has 4 protein per OUNCE! I can easily eat 8 ounces for dinner. Thats 32 grams of protein, and it's delish. I have a griddle. I melt a stick of butter and lay fillets on it, cooking at a pretty high heat. I brown it on each side, careful not to burn. That's it! DELISH!!! I have a pic of the package, and I get it at WalMart for about $7 for a 2 lb bag. You can get it at Kroger also.

The next pic is what was left when I remembered to take a pic. They are very large fillets. Again, DELISH!!!

Ruby

ETA: Typo's!

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

butercup
on 10/4/11 2:09 am - Kennewick, WA
Thanks for sharing that Ruby. I've wondered about Swai. I am NOT a fan of Tilapia, it just tastes like dirt to me. I'll have to try that fish out.

Also, do you only take one pill a day?
scoob
on 10/4/11 2:26 am - Somerset, KY
I HATE Tilapia!!!!!!! This is the only fish I have bought and cooked at home that I like! It is soooo good!

Yes, I only take 1 pill a day. I started out with one to see how it would do and it has worked miracles. I also cut out white flour completely. BUT I did this 2 months before starting this probiotic. I have been taking the probiotic for almost 2 months. It has been an amazing difference!

Ruby

lookthrshegos
on 10/4/11 5:47 am - Huntland, TN
I don't know if you know this but they use tilapia to "clean" waste water.  ewwww

scoob
on 10/4/11 8:44 pm - Somerset, KY
Did NOT know this, but I hate it! Ugh!

Ruby

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 4:11 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
Ruby if you are willing to try other fish and have a trader joe's near you get some mahi mahi its amazing stuff. I make a lemon garlic marinade for it and cook it up. Best stuff out there except for halibut.
scoob
on 10/4/11 8:47 pm - Somerset, KY
Hey there! I have never seen a trader joe's,ever! LOL. We are about will to try any food, ALMOST! My husband always talks about the halibut he had years ago. A friend had caught, cleaned and cooked fresh halibut and he LOVED it! I have never had it.

Ruby

lookthrshegos
on 10/4/11 5:46 am - Huntland, TN
I saw that fish at Kroger and wondered about it's "fishiness" LOL
I'm gonna try it now.  Wish I had some for dinner tonight.  Have to wait til I make another trip into town tho. 

scoob
on 10/4/11 8:48 pm - Somerset, KY
That's EXACTLY why we like it, the "fishiness" factor. It is soooooo mild. It just melts in your mouth!

Ruby

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 9:30 am
 Did anyone by any chance check what this fish is?
I looked and it is actually a fresh water catfish out of Asia.

I love channel catfish, naturally caught where we used to live in Illinois. 
Beautiful white flaky fish, very mild.

I'll have to try this Swai it may just be pretty good.