boborygmi (stomach gurgles)

musik
on 10/3/11 1:29 pm, edited 10/3/11 1:30 pm - WA
Does anyone have any advice on how to settle the tummy to keep it from the noisy gurgles?

I've been dealing with these loud sounds regularly and they can be quite embarrassing, especially in the work setting. I've tried to watch eating to many carbs. I would follow a specific diet for it if I knew what would help! Thanks!
Yehuda G.
on 10/3/11 1:47 pm
I would start taking probiotics.
lexusmn
on 10/3/11 2:07 pm - Forest Lake, MN
What kind of probiotics, there are so many of them out there.....

Yehuda G.
on 10/3/11 2:38 pm
You may want to start a thread to ask about this as everyone likes different products.

My cure all for bloating and gas issues is digestive advantage: gas defense and digestive advantage: intense bowel support. I take both twice a day. I know several other DSers who take the same goods and they too say it works like magic. I get it on amazon.
musik
on 10/4/11 3:37 pm - WA
I think I will try digestive advantage!! Thanks...as well as continue to modify my diet.
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 3:20 pm

My gurgles are not in the intestinal tract.  They actually come from my stomach when I eat denser protein!  The stomach is trying to churn that stuff, and beef especially, is pretty hard to break down.

The carbs are what give you the intestinal bubblies, and, if you do too many, especially simple carbs and simple sugars, you could spend a lot of time sitting on the "throne". 
litebrite
on 10/3/11 9:06 pm - Telford, PA
I get it when I drink water!!!  I try to take smaller and smaller sips but then i can't get in enough water.  I appreciate the other advice here!
DS on 8/15/11

Mom4Jazz
on 10/3/11 11:00 pm
This is one, believe it or not, that sleevers get worse since our sleeves are on average a little smaller. If it's the same gurgles we get, they're actually in the tummy not the intestines and are a physical gurgle. In fact, I nicknamed my new tummy "Rumbly" in their honor.

I find dense foods are the noisiest, as Rumbly tries to move 'em on through (Rumbly hates my pills - not uncomfortable, but loud for sure), but fluids drunk too fast can have the same effect.

Make sure you don't have gas - try a PPI. If that doesn't work, and I know these are dreaded words, but chew, chew chew (to avoid solid masses of food) and sip, sip, sip (don't take too big a drink) and that will help.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

musik
on 10/4/11 3:39 pm - WA
Thanks...I will continue to tweek my diet and how I eat it!
butercup
on 10/4/11 2:26 am - Kennewick, WA
I don't know if mine are the same as yours, but when I take my acid reducer it helps me.