pain on right side??

yorkieGal
on 10/3/11 12:43 am - Clermont, FL
Hey guys, so i have had a pain more like a dull ache on my right hand side on and off for a few days. It is on the right,kind of below my ribs and toward the center of the abdomen. Its not tender to depression or strong enough to make me take anything for pain, but more of a niggly ache that won't go away. No high temp, feel fine, pooping an tooting fine and no nausea...any guesses?? my partner Jamie wondered if it could be a hernia? having had no experience with these I am not sure?? I am going to be 4 yrs out in Jan btw.

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

jenflock
on 10/3/11 3:36 am - TN
Hey girl just a few suggestions.  Is your gallbladder intact?? it could be that.  It could also be a kidney infection..yep I know it usually presents in the back HOWEVER, it can also present in the abdomen.  Also how low down because you may be ovulating which for me personally sucks.  Good luck drink loads of H2O and if it doesn't get to feeling better soon see your Dr.

J G.
on 10/3/11 4:09 am
What shape are your abs in?  I had pain in the exact same spot last week.  I couldn't figure out what it was.  Finally realized that I did an hour and a half in the pool after not doing that for a while because I was walking instead of swimming.  LOL  I took some Advil and rested for a day - all better.  Gosh I've got to find a way to get my abs in better shape.

Hope you feel better -  hugs, Jenny
yorkieGal
on 10/3/11 4:16 am - Clermont, FL

Thanks Guys,
It started on Thursday although I think I've noticed it before on and off. I got my period on saturday night.....could it be related?? never suffered with pain like this related to periods though.....
I did alot of chores at the end of last week and wonder if I have a slight hernia that was aggravated by that??

No had my gallbladder out 15 years ago, wouldnt i have a temp with kidney infection?? I drink gallons of liquid each day too.

I guess as long as its not needing pain relief, no temp, no nausea/bloating/ or pooping/tooting issues then I'll wait and see.
anyone know what a hernia pain feels like??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

jenflock
on 10/3/11 4:32 am - TN
I would be concerned with appendix with a temp.  Nah, UTI and Kidney infections don't always show up with a temp initially.  I get pain in my abdomen and it can radiate but not always. If I take that first sign and drink water heavily and maybe some AZO I can nip it in the bud.. Never had a hernia so I can't help there too much sorry. If your period started Sat then perhaps just radiating menstral cramps??

Kathleen F.
on 10/3/11 4:28 am
Since you don't have a gallbladder, it could be your bile duct. Might have a little sludge in it. 
yorkieGal
on 10/3/11 4:31 am - Clermont, FL
Wow really, after 15 years?? I'v never had anything like it before...can sludge hang around that long or does it appear at anytime?? I had no idea....

Yorkie xx

kramer5
on 10/3/11 3:02 pm - Washington, KS
Could it be a kidney stone?  I know lots of people have tremendous pain with kidney stones but I don't, in fact they typically drug me up even when I tell them not to because they just can't believe I'm not in that much pain.  To me it feels like cramps.

I wonder if it could also be adhesions?

Just some ideas.
Dawn

yorkieGal
on 10/3/11 11:05 pm - Clermont, FL
HI hon, thanks for the response, I guess it could be either. It feels like a dull ache, not at all sharp and not really bad enough to warrant pain relief. I think the adhesions could be right...it feels like something is pulling or stretching...Mmmm I think you may have hit on it!

Yorkie xx