OT--I want a puppy!! (Major Mom) what do you have?

Ann M.
on 10/3/11 12:20 pm - GA
I'm going to throw in a vot for Boston Terriers. They are similair to Pugs and Frenchies with smushed faces. Yes, they also snore like a 300 pound man and the can pass gas like one too! I have yet to do anything post-op that I couldn't blame on the dogs. :) I would go rescue all the way too. Our second Boston is a rescue and he is an absolute doll.

I will say we do have schnoodle and she is a great dog. She is also the alpha over the two Boston males and she runs a tight ship!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 12:21 pm
Not that I'm biased, but I can't imagine having any dog except a corgi. However, I think you should look for a breed that was bred to be a companion dog, not a hunter or herder. My sister-in-law had a similiar wish list to yours and settled on a Havanese. 

Over the years, we've had four girls and two boys. All were spayed/neutered. In our limited sample, the males were laid back couch potatoes and the females were more active and barked more.

The internet has a number of "what dog is best for you" quizes. You might try doing a couple of those for some more starting points.

Good luck and wishing you lots of puppy kisses!