OT--I want a puppy!! (Major Mom) what do you have?

scubadiva
on 10/2/11 5:14 am
Yes, my Murphy is a ragdoll.  He needs a dog now.  lol.  Murphy Shywalker is a super cool name.  Aren't ragdolls the greatest cat ever???  Now I need a cool dog to go with my cool cat.
no_more_rolls
on 10/2/11 10:55 am, edited 10/2/11 10:56 am - Jackson, MI
 Here's another attempt to share a photo of my dachshund:
Photobucket
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

scubadiva
on 10/2/11 11:16 am
Very cute! 
no_more_rolls
on 10/2/11 12:33 pm - Jackson, MI
 thanks! 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

pktwatch
on 10/2/11 12:25 pm
I second the vote for a dachshund! They are called the comics of the dog world and mine lives up to that title. He is the most comical dog that we have ever owned and he is always coming up with something new to entertain us (him). He is laid back and loves people but that will deepened on how he is brought up, any new puppy will need socialized.
    Dachshunds come in standard and miniature sizes. They come in long hair, short hair and wire hair so there is one out there waiting for you.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 12:58 pm - TX
 I have been instructed to tell you that the best humans are owned by Terriers, specifically Wire Hair Fox Terriers.  

It is possible you are capable of being trained to serve a WFT.  However, it requires great humor, resilience, humility and the ability to repeatedly throw a ball until your owner is satisfied--temporarily.

I am owned by a 17 pound, spayed, rehomed WFT (though to hear her tell it, she rescued us).  She is not breed standard, as her ears stand erect.  She is, of course, an improvement on the breed.  

In truth, she is fun, adorable and greets us with sparkly eyes and a laughing mouth.  She is goofy and enjoys playing.  She is a joy.  

She is also bossy and finicky.  Extremely high energy.  The good folk at her doggy day care put her in with the larger dogs and I think I've seen more than a couple iced shoulders after a stay with her!

See my avatar for her "She Who Must Be Obeyed" look.
scubadiva
on 10/2/11 5:17 pm
lol... great description of them!
Ding-E-Girl
on 10/3/11 11:05 am - MS
    Hey!   I am a dog LOVER and would have a house full if I could.   I first must say that the shelter has some WONDERFUL dogs that need good homes and often they make the best pets !!   Many times the shelter will have pups as well as older dogs.    I personally like male dogs the best,  maybe because I find that most of the males are more loving and "needy" ,  whereas females are more sassy and independent LOL    Right now I am owned by a long haired weenie dog (male),   a schnauzer (female) and a yorkie (male).    My yorkie has been almost impossible to house break.....but he is precious !!!      I LOVE schnauzers,   they are  smart and almost human like,  and very easy to house break.    My lil weenie dog is a lil mess and very much a lil ***** baby .     He is a long haired and looks like he has lil pony tails on his ears.     Its great you are doing your homework and staying away fom puppy mills !!!!      Hope this helps some,   good luck on your search !!!   I could never live without at least one... or two dogs !!   =)
Jennifer D.
on 10/3/11 11:53 am

The dogs on the outside are Lady Miss Tiara Noelle and The Incredible Doctor Faustus, miniature schnauzers. Oreo is the toy schnauzer in the middle. I adore them but must admit that they are a tad loud.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
scubadiva
on 10/3/11 12:14 pm
They are very cute.  So many people have more than one dog!  :)  They must be better than kids.  lol.