OT--I want a puppy!! (Major Mom) what do you have?

Its a Secret
on 10/1/11 11:52 pm
Pugs snort and SNORE.  I have one that snores as loud as a man with sleep apnea

Frenchies are very similar to pugs...related to bulldogs...cute as h*LL :)  I've never owned one but I wouldn't mind.

Puggles help with short nose problems, a beagle nose is longer and so you have less to worry about with heat stroke and breathing issues.  You can find some GREAT pups but the beagle in them comes out sometimes...make sure you like the beagle personality if you go for a puggle because just like humans, you won't know if the baby will have mom or dads personality.  I just don't like the hound personality.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 5:07 am - Bayonne, NJ
We just got a rescue pug, a huge difference from our sweet Scottie girl who passed away in July. This little clown is adorable, but yeah, she snores like crazy! Her name is Didi.
Its a Secret
on 10/2/11 6:20 am
:)  Pugs, rescue or not are wonderful  We have 5.  Three rescue, 1 bought.  I'm not sure what I'd call Odie.  Woman came to the door in tears...she was getting divorced and had to find a home for him.  She's seen our pugs...Odie is now a member of the household in good standing but he's getting fixed..It will cut down on my least favorite part of a male dog...red rockets are gross LOL

He came potty trained, shakes and supposedly rolls over.  He's a love :)  They all are.  I'll never not have a pug....they are life affirming to me :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 6:57 am - Bayonne, NJ
This little girl isn't completely trained, and were were told she was 3. I'm not sure, they haven't forked over the vet records yet. She's been spayed, and she's quite funny. She likes our cats and our kids, so all is good.
scubadiva
on 10/2/11 6:59 am
5!!!  Wow.  Thats a lot of dog doo-doo to pick up.  lol.  I don't like red rockets either.  Or the lifting of the leg bit.  Going for personality though over sex... if I can find a great female, that would be great. 5.  still can't get over it.  That is a household of funny children. 
Its a Secret
on 10/2/11 10:52 am
They have almost a 1/2 acre fenced in to run and play in on a nice day :) 

I told ya...I'm raising a pug army to take over the world...amazing thing is that they all have such different personalities...it's a circus and a joy.  There is always a smile happening somewhere in my home...

I was told by a vet tech that pugs are the only dogs that can recognize their own breed..I didn't question it but have often wondered how they knew that they recognized their breed...

My guys are 98% trained (hint:  use food, take one color of kibble out of their regular food and put it in bags and use it as a treat).  If they are sick or aren't let out on schedule, there might be an accident but that's what hardwood floors and linoleum are for :)

lovemypugs
on 10/2/11 9:42 pm - VA
I'm so jealous of your pug army! I have 3 pugs and if I could afford more I would have a million!!

Duodenal Switch on February 21, 2011

Surgery weight: 276; Current weight: 122; Height: 5'5

Plastics scheduled for 10/3/14: BL/BA, LBL, TL

Its a Secret
on 10/2/11 10:28 pm
I can't afford them either...my roomate handles that bill :)

We seem to be the towns rehoming center...in the last two years we've had 2 bostons (one knocked on the front door, he'd lost his owner and I guess God told him we'd help him home), 3 pugs ( I think),  a beagle, a standard yorkie, a couple of big dogs.  I know there were others but they just seem to run into each other. 

ambermay
on 10/1/11 11:29 pm
I have a male Puggle (pug/beagle).  He is the best dog ever.  So mellow and lovey.  Does't shed much....amazing with the kids.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

scubadiva
on 10/1/11 11:34 pm
I've never heard of that combo.  Thanks!