Pinched nerve?

MsBatt
on 9/30/11 3:40 am
What is/can be done to treat a pinched nerve? I'm pretty sure that's what I've got. The fingers on my left hand have some numbness and tingling in the tips. Some days it's all of them, some days it's just the middle two.

Also, how do they determine if it really IS a pinched nerve, and where? Would it make a difference in the treatment if it was pinched at the elbow, versus the shoulder or the neck?

I sleep on my left side, and I've been making an effort to sleep on my right side instead---but every morning I wake up on my left, no matter where I went to sleep. I also tend to hold my book in my left hand when reading.

Any advice, folks?
Toy T.
on 9/30/11 4:26 am
DS on 02/22/12
 I am actually on my way to get 2 MRI dones on cervical spine and lumbar spine bc of the same exact symptoms.

Or have you ever been tested for carpal tunnel bc thats what happens to me when I have a flare up?
Joanlaptods
on 9/30/11 5:49 am
There is a nerve that supplies sensation to the pinky and ring finger and another that supplies the thumb , forefinger and middle finger. Does that fit with what you are experiencing?

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

beemerbeeper
on 9/30/11 6:04 am - AL
No advice but I hope you get some relief soon.

~Becky

YeahItsCase
on 9/30/11 6:31 am
I am also having an MRI on Tuesday for weakness/tingling in my left arm and lef. It started with my leg and is now in my arm too. It is a very odd sensation as it doesn't go numb..it just has a weird muscle weakness feeling for lack of a better term. I am just keeping my chin up and hoping that its nothing bad!

Toy T.
on 9/30/11 8:20 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Good luck with the MRI. That was the worse experience of my life. I am not claustrophobic at all but shes like you might not fit. So embarrassing but that wasn't the part it was so tight my hands went numb for 30 mins after getting out. But good luck you may have carpal and tarsal tunnel. I have both and mine does that. 
ambermay
on 9/30/11 8:43 am
This has been happening to me lately too.  Like Kind of that feeling you get when you are hyperventalating.  Kinda like a cramp in your hand with numbness and tingling.   Also get the numbness in my legs when I cross them.  This never happened prior to a week or so ago.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 10:05 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I have numbness and tingling in my finger tips too. When it starts I start taking my Sub lingual B-12 or if I'm already taking it I'll take two for a few days. I've recently stopped my B-12 because it was way too high. It was over 5000. I take 2500 sub B-12 daily when I'm taking it for nerve pain.
MsBatt
on 9/30/11 2:04 pm
When your B is low, do you have the numbness and tingling in BOTH hands, or just one? My B usually runs high, and this only affects one hand.

This doesn't really cause me all that much trouble, it's just aggravating as hell.
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 12:50 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Normally it's just one hand, but there have been occasions when its been both. It also helps me to sleep with a wrist brace on whichever hand it is that's hurting me.