SO's staying with you in the hospital

stillhopefull
on 10/2/11 1:04 am
 No one here.  I flew to California by myself and stayed in hospital by myself.  The day I was to be discharged my husband flew over and stayed with me.  
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 1:09 am
sia
on 10/2/11 5:38 am - NY
 Mine did. It helped tremendously with advocacy. Albeit, the board prepped me hardcore, so I knew to get my ass up and walk like a mofo after the first day. I was so drugged up though, that the first day I still can't recall.

I know of a fellow board-member, who had the same surgical office as I did. Her husband was with her the entire time. He was amazing for her and the hospital staff was perfect.

Good luck!
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
August10
on 10/2/11 6:01 am - LA
 I was in the hospital for six days in a room with two beds.  They allowed my husband to occupy the second bed for the whole visit.  He was truly amazing.  Got up with me every two hours when I needed to walk.  I think he made the nurses' jobs easier with all he did for me.  Around day three or so Blackthorne and I had to force him to go to the hotel and get some "real" sleep that was uninterupted by my needs.  Otherwise he was with me every minute.  
geutenmorgan
on 10/2/11 6:11 am
My husband stayed with me through the surgery, went home the first night, worked a little the next day, but stayed with me the rest of the hospital stay. I am so glad to have is help and support during the worst part of the surgery. I love that man!
hollyweasel
on 10/2/11 9:48 am - MI
My sister stayed with me the whole time and slept in a cot they rolled in for her.  I could not have handled the surgery without her.  Although the facilities are nice, the nurses were simply too busy at DMC to help me go for a walk, or help me in the middle of the night with ice chips or wipe off my face.  If you haven't had surgery before - I highly recommend having a close friend or relative stay with you.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

Jody W.
on 10/3/11 12:50 am - Windsor, CT
I had no one stay with me... The hospital is about 2 hours away from home and my mom had to stay with my 6 year old... I told her under NO cir****tances did I want her to bring my daughter to the hospital... she would have been freaked out... I did have a friend that waited with me until I went in and after I came out of it made all the phone calls to let everyone know I was alive....

I think that personally I preferred it that way... I was in no shape to entertain anyone... also I needed to some time to get my head together... and sleep....

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Jade ..
on 10/3/11 2:03 pm - GA
 Absolutely and I would make him stay again.  It was a pain for him, because the hospital was 45 mins away and he had to go back and forth at least a couple times a day to do the dogs but I needed him there for sanity's sake.
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog