SO's staying with you in the hospital

Its a Secret
on 10/1/11 3:50 am, edited 1/24/12 8:54 pm
Removed because OH has chosen to share my as well as others posts, uploaded pictures, journey etc. on Facebook without my permission.

MajorMom
on 10/1/11 4:08 am - VA
No, didn't have anyone stay. By the time my DH came to visit the next day I had already talked them into letting me go home. Not sure there would have been enough room for him anyway and I slept when I wasn't walking.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PamtasticNewLife
on 10/1/11 4:36 am
My DH stayed with me the whole 6 days in hospital, he slept in a recliner.
Tried talking him into going to his sisters apartment but he wouldn't leave.
I can't say I didn't enjoy his help and attention but I could have buzzed a nurse if I had needed help.
teachmid
on 10/1/11 4:43 am - OKC, OK
My DH stayed all 4 days except to go out for food and to buy me a sippy cup. Slept in the other bed in the room. The nursing care was great so he didn't need to do anything other than walk the halls with me. He said he was "protecting his investment"....we were self-pay.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Emily F.
on 10/1/11 4:57 am
My husband is NOT who you want taking care of you. My mother went with me to Mexico. She actually slept in the hospital bed and I slept in the recliner. She is wonderful. Every time I got up she helped me. Helped me carry the drains, made me do laps when I didn't feel like it. She ate alone in the cafeteria every meal. She washed my hair, helped me shower.

She has always stayed w me in the hospital when I had my kids too and the first week. My husband did stay with me the second week my last baby and he basically did stuff around the house and helped me none. He is an amazing dad, husband, etc but the worst nurse I've ever met.
no_more_rolls
on 10/1/11 5:59 am - Jackson, MI
My husband stayed with me while I was in the hospital and slept in the pull-out bed provided in the room.  He wasn't much of a physical help, but he did give me the moral support I needed.  I really didn't want anyone else there cause when I do not feel well I tend be be very grouchy and take it out on others.  For some reason I don't do that to him.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Julie R.
on 10/1/11 6:09 am - Ludington, MI
  At the time that I had my DS, I had a real asshole of an SO who dropped me off before my surgery and came back to get me three days later.   We lived almost two hours from the hospital and I told him not to bother to come visity anyway.    When I'm not feeling well, I just want everyone to leave me the f*** alone and I'll take care of getting better all by myself.    I don't want to feel obligated to being friendly or communicating or entertaining anyone.    Even now, when I have iron infusions, I have to be admitted for twenty four hours due to previous reactions to the iron.   My husband (who is not the ********O) volunteers to sleep over and stay with me while I have them, and I tell him to go home too!     So nope - aside from the initial first night when you might need a bit of assistance getting up and getting around, I needed, nor wanted, no one.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

AllieInOntario
on 10/1/11 6:14 am
My husband did stay with me the first night.  I actually started my period the morning of the surg.  He was emense help,... getting new pads, underwear, helping me walk around, go the bathroom etc.  The staff was terrific too, but I was glad to have him there.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

kirmy
on 10/1/11 6:18 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
My honey stayed in my room on a fold out bed for 9 days.  I love him more every day for doing that.  He was amazing.  He is amazing and it made all the difference to me.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
mylittleblackdress
on 10/1/11 6:51 am - FL
Yes, my DH stayed with me the entire time I was in the hospital in Brazil.  He was a great help and provided tremendous moral support.