Second-hand leftover meals

no_more_rolls
on 10/1/11 12:49 am, edited 10/1/11 1:16 am - Jackson, MI
I don't mind cooking, but I find that often I still cook too much.  I have cut down on the amount of food I prepare, but most of the time it is me and my picky pre-teen (and she don't eat much).  I know this is something I need to work on and address with a therapist too. However in the meanwhile, I get tired of eating the same thing 2 or 3 times...and my freezer is gradually becoming full of tiny containers that do not appeal to me.  Lately I have begun using leftovers to make "new" meals.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that you try?  For example, I put leftover chicken in a small crustless quiche or make an omelet.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

lauralisi
on 10/1/11 1:49 am - Dona Ana, NM
Stir fry helps me stay economical. Congrats on doing so well.
tonkasmom
on 10/1/11 1:54 am - Paradise, CA
When I have lots of little containers in the freezer.  I combine them to make a soup or a stew.  The leftovers from the fridge alot of times will be egg velcro (that what my husband calls it) so any onions veggies etc will be mixed in with scrambled eggs in the morning of course I always have lots of cheese on hand and shredded cheese goes on top of my eggs.  So just use your leftover freezer containers and make a velcro soup.  This will be more appealling in the coming months since it is becoming fall and winter

Donna

HW 370
SW 337/CW 160/GW 159

pycca
on 10/1/11 2:04 am - Haslet, TX

I buy a roasted chicken, pull apart and put in baggies, enough for one serving, freeze,then pull out one to  make a FRESH meal.. I also do the same with shrimp, the packages of ajus roast beef,  I make a ceviche with package crab.

As ai donot like to eat leftover and it is now appealing as frexh this works for me. Then I can make upas I go and it is just enough for one meal .

My ceviche is made with tomatoes, onions, limejuice shrimp, fake crab(fish ) , cilantro, touch of splenda. salt and garlic,,
elixir
on 10/1/11 2:11 am - MI
I do pretty much the same thing. I will pick up a rotisserie chicken at Sam's Club and my brother and I will pick at it a bit for dinner along with a side or two. My daughter is a pescatarian so she often fends for herself for dinner. ****ep the freezer stocked with fish, shrimp, assorted veggies and cheese pizzas for her.) My bro and I love to use the leftover chicken in both white chicken chili or I simmer the chicken in some enchilada sauce and eat mine with low carb tortillas, lettuce, cheese, refried beans and sour cream. Yum. 

I do the same with leftover beef roast or pork loin. With pork loin I love to have some leftovers with a little bit of saurkraut one day and the next I make an Asian inspired soup with the left over meat and a few veggies. I serve mine either with no noodles at all or with shirataki noodles if I have them and my brother eats his over udon noodles. 

Seafood doesn't last long enough around here to worry about leftovers. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor