You arse piece!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 8:18 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You're my Shero!!

kirmy
on 10/1/11 8:59 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
LOL behave yourself!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
momx4
on 10/1/11 2:01 pm - TX
"Doris" is lucky you were "there" for her!   If I may ask you.....what in the hell causes a perianal abscess?   I only ask because I have "chronic" or at least 1 every 3 years "thrombosed" hemmrroids that I have to have lanced.....and that is so painful not to mention embarrasing that when I read what you were "observing" my arse cinched up again!!!

Also, as I hear alot about "potty" issues with the DS......can going "too much" be as bad for my arse as not going "enough"?   Hmm.....maybe I should post this as a separate question!!
kirmy
on 10/1/11 9:04 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm too lazy to type this out so I've cut and pasted:

As for "potty issues" most of us **** twice a day i.e. once first thing in morning clearing out the distal colon then about an hour later the proximal load works its way down.  It is a mother load!  Once this is gone you likely won't poop again unless you've eaten a ton oc chocolate or loads of white flour then you're on and off the loo alllllll day. 

It is all about compliance.  The more you behave the less issues you're likely  to develop.

WHAT IS A PERI-ANAL ABSCESS?

An anal abscess is an infected cavity filled with pus found near the anus or rectum.

WHAT IS AN ANAL FISTULA?

An anal fistula (sometimes called fistula-in-ano) is a small tunnel connecting the anal gland to the skin of the buttocks outside the anus.  They almost always occur following a previous perianal abscess.

The diagram shows a cross-sectional image of a fistula.  The small tunnel can be seen traversing some of the muscles of the anal canal stretching from the anal canal to the skin.

WHAT CAUSES A PERIANAL ABSCESS?

A perianal abscess results from an infection of a small mucous gland just inside the anus.  It is thought to start when bacteria or foreign matter enters the tissues through the gland.  Certain conditions such as colitis or other inflammation of the intestine can sometimes make these infections more likely.

WHAT CAUSES A FISTULA?

After an abscess has been drained, a false tunnel (or track) may persist connecting the anal gland from which the abscess arose to the skin.  If this occurs, persistent drainage from the outside or external opening may indicate the persistence of this tunnel.  If the external opening of the tunnel heals, recurrent abscess may develop.

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF AN ABSCESS OR FISTULA?

Symptoms of both ailments include constant pain, sometimes accompanied by a swelling that is not necessarily related to bowel movements.   Other symptoms include irritation of skin around the anus, discharge of pus or blood (which often relieves the pain), fever, and a feeling of being generally unwell.

DOES AN ABSCESS ALWAYS BECOME A FISTULA?

No.  Many studies have tried to define the risks of developing further problems after abscess treatment,  results showed great variations  and therefore there is really no way to predict if this will occur.  After abscess surgery it is recommended that a follow up clinic appointment is arranged by a colorectal surgeon to ensure a fistula track is not remaining and the area has healed satisfactorily.

HOW IS AN ABSCESS TREATED?

An abscess is treated by a small operation to drain the pus from the infected cavity.  This is done by making cut in the skin over the site of the abscess near the anus (or back passage).

Unfortunately antibiotics are not an alternative to draining the pus, because antibiotics are carried by the blood stream and do not penetrate the fluid within an abscess.  Indeed there is evidence to suggest that in some cases antibiotics may make the problem worse in some cases

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
momx4
on 10/2/11 1:57 am - TX
Thanks Kirmy, I didn't mean for you to spend time copying and pasting something I could have "looked" up for myself.   I guess I was more interested in the fact that you discussed her size and I was wondering if that made it worse? or even "caused" it?

I'm super curious as to if my internal hemmroids may flare up again or get worse after my ds.  Meaning if constipation causes things like fissures and the like.......could "going to often" also do it!

thanks for taking the time though......I appreciate it!!