Ok, the gas is killing me! Help!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 4:48 am, edited 10/1/11 4:49 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I chew 3 tabs at a time, whenever I feel I need to save the surrounding multitudes!! Usually once in the AM is best, in order to let the stuff take effect. Your need may vary.

I recommend it all the time, and it really works. I'm not sure why it's not right at the top of each forum as a "sticky"!!

I read about some poor guy who was an attorney who lost his job because he was so "anti-social". Brrrr.

That's why I always mention it whenever anyone asks about the gas problem.That or recommend getting a dog so you can blame it!!

Best wishes,
beemerbeeper
on 9/30/11 11:24 pm - AL
Elimination diet.  First get off the milk.  Lactaid milk gives me gas also.

If you can't get rid of it by getting off the milk and veggies try a round of Flagyl/FishZole to get yourself sorted.

~Becky

sweetdew
on 10/1/11 1:11 am - CA
Yes Becky, that is what I am going to do! How are things going? Hugs!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Blank Out
on 10/1/11 2:42 am
 Why not use heavy cream in your coffee?  And, how about probiotics?  They help so much with gas!  I take 3 or 4 a day, everday!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

sweetdew
on 10/1/11 3:15 am - CA
Will do that! What are the Best probiotics to use? THere are so many.
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Emily F.
on 10/1/11 5:09 am
Are you taking a probiotic?

Go to walmart and get Digestive Advantage Gas formula. Take one every other day, then every day, etc. Keep increasing slowly. It could take a few weeks to feel better but it really helps a lot. Also, are you eating yogurt or greek yogurt every day? I eat it twice a day and I can tell a difference if I miss a few days.
prettypixels
on 10/1/11 5:37 am
My daughter developed a milk allergy at 3, and I tried the lactaid milk for her; it made no difference. Goat's milk she does fine with. Weird, right? Something about the way the lactose is in the milk. She still can't have too much, there is still lactose in goat's milk. Just not as much. She does fine with frozen yogurt and cheese too.
Yehuda G.
on 10/1/11 5:44 am
I take both digestive advantage: gas defense and digestive advantage: intense bowel support twice a day. The combination works wonders for me:-)